Robot Firefighting

Something I found, wonder if other cities have similar robots for firefighting.

another Robot Firefighter, as article states the cost might make this out of the reach of many communities even large cities but is this the way of the future?
With the need for large water needs (1200 gal/ min) this is made for Industrial parks and tank farms. The price $400,000 could be offset by the fact that the areas where Warehouse/ Distribution Centers are being built in rural areas where water and manpower are issues. Let the developers pay for the equipment.
i don’t see FDNY having the need or other large cities where water and manpower are problems. But interesting piece of equipment.

A very similar robot was deployed and operated by the Rural Metro Fire Department in Scottsdale, Arizona circa 1975.

Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it! (George Santayana-1905). In a 1948 speech to the House of Commons, Winston Churchill changed the quote slightly when he said (paraphrased), “those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.”

Last edited:

Bulldog

Bulldog
As mentioned much earlier in the thread, one was used very successfully in Paris for the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral. It went inside the building even though there is a huge possibility of a collapse and it wasn't safe to send firefighters in! From what I've read several different places it's probably what saved the building.

Since I get her probably the best use for this type of technology! Going to places where it's too hazardous for personnel to enter the possibility of collapse or chemicals!