Rockaway Point Truck 4

I think its a awesome looking truck.  Photos By Chris Torello

312wml1.jpg

296ixok.jpg

Bulldog

Bulldog
It looks like it would do really well in sand and off-road, hopefully the new ATR rigs will look as capable.  I'm assuming that box on the roof is for a ladder but it looks awful small.

BCR

Are they the ones who had a early 2000's gmc that was set up identical to this I think it was Lyme green and lost to sandy ? Looks like a Beach king !!

BCR said:
Are they the ones who had a early 2000's gmc that was set up identical to this I think it was Lyme green and lost to sandy ? Looks like a Beach king !!

Yes....
this is 4 wheel drive, 1000 gpm, 300 gallon tank, saw it the other day at the show, looks very well set up..
They were planning to have this built before the storm..

Bulldog

Bulldog
Any idea what it cost them?  I bet it's significantly less than the $400,000+ FDNY to pay for the new ATR's!

Impressive looking....the tires look good ....as far as  the box for the ladder....  hard to judge the size maybe a 24' ext would do the job in the community (had a place there until the early '70s but who knows today w/all the building/renovations)....any picture of the hose bed ?

BCR

http://fdnytrucks.com/files/html/specialunits/rp.htm
Here is a link to there page on fdny trucks, no pictures of the new rig but there are pictures of the rig it is replacing and the rig before that, judging by the old rig it looks to be a 30 or 35 extension ladder with a maybe a 14 or 16 roof/straight ladder on top of it. It's great that the pump company's have improved there smaller pumps, 1000 gpm is like having a full size pumpers capabilities on a much more beach friendly design

Bulldog said:
Any idea what it cost them?  I bet it's significantly less than the $400,000+ FDNY to pay for the new ATR's!

I asked the dealer at the show, he said just under 300k

Especially now with the new rebuilding rules for the area. I'm not exactly sure but the first floor has to be around 6 feet off the ground and in the burnt out area the front has to be maybe 6 feet from the center of the walk. You can tell if a house was rebuilt because they stick up so much farther than the ones around it. It's good to see them getting new equipment though.