Satellites

I know the Satellites carry LDH and foam, as well as the large pipe, but do they carry large portable manifolds like the SFFD's portable hydrant systems. Also anyone have any pics of them in actually use? ??? Thanks in advance or the info Id give anything to be a FDNY bravest!!!!

Yes on the manifold, probably the most used component of the Satellite System..........

satmani.jpg

mwuops.jpg

GREAT Pics Thanks Soooo much. Forgive me for asking but what is the GPM on them and does only one 2,000gpm engine supply it or do two or more, so that they can also use their own deck gun?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
It's supplied by one 2000gpm pumper, which in turn can be supplied by multiple sources.
The Satellite has no pump in it so all the work is done by the 2000gpm pumpers or boats when using the large deck guns.

I read someplace that the monitor on the Satellites are capable of flowing in the range of 4000-5000 GPM, if these flows where desired would they use a 2nd 2000GPM Engine to get the desired volume?

I think the monitor is 4700 gpm. They could use another 2000gpm Engine or a combination of standard Engines

God I love FDNY's Satellites!!! especially the new ones currently in use. I wish more departments would look into getting them. Especially out here in the west with all the earth quacks that we have have, we could use a unit with a ton of hose for a above ground fire hydrant system!!!! I wounder how much they are actually used now days, not just called but actually open up? FDNY has all thought up again  8) ;D ;D ;D Does any one know if they carry both class A, and B foam, or just A. I know that they have foam units too so Im just wondering how the two are used together if they are?

I've only seen the deck guns put to work maybe three times in my career. The manifold gets more work than anything.