SOC Quarters

^^^^ Never heard a suggested Company number.......the FH is also used to stage Units during a planned shutdown of the Bridge or other large scale water events......on another Roosevelt Island Bridge OOS subject part of a contingency response plan is Manhattan Units responding on the Subway to the Island's stop.....at the present time there may be a Service interruption at times for work on that Subway Line.... https://www.google.com/search?q=Ser...0l2j33i299.26371j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

^^^^ Never heard a suggested Company number.......the FH is also used to stage Units during a planned shutdown of the Bridge or other large scale water events......on another Roosevelt Island Bridge OOS subject part of a contingency response plan is Manhattan Units responding on the Subway to the Island's stop.....at the present time there may be a Service interruption at times for work on that Subway Line.... https://www.google.com/search?q=Ser...0l2j33i299.26371j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
so my guess would be that the 500 engine stationed there is kept ready incase a fire breaks out during shutdowns

so my guess would be that the 500 engine stationed there is kept ready incase a fire breaks out during shutdowns
If there is just a planned bridge work then they will relocated an engine and ladder to the island for the day. Sometimes takes a couple of days, so they will rotate the companies.

They will use the reserve rigs and staff an engine and ladder over there for when the UN is in assembly. All boat traffic is shut down on the west side of the island and forced to the East which causes the bridge to go up and down multiple times a day.

The bridge was never that reliable and tends to get stuck up or out of alignment. Hence the need to have units staffed.

If there is just a planned bridge work then they will relocated an engine and ladder to the island for the day. Sometimes takes a couple of days, so they will rotate the companies.

They will use the reserve rigs and staff an engine and ladder over there for when the UN is in assembly. All boat traffic is shut down on the west side of the island and forced to the East which causes the bridge to go up and down multiple times a day.

The bridge was never that reliable and tends to get stuck up or out of alignment. Hence the need to have units staffed.
time to fix/replace the bridge