Squad 41 relocation ??

Squad 41 just came back into Bronx saying 'Back on your frequency from Relocation' where did they get relocated to ? And why ? Didn't know Squads relocated

They can relocate, on the orders of the Rescue Battalion, or if there is a special event going on that requires a Squad to be either relocated, or assigned to someone's quarters for the duration of the event.

FDNY150 said:
They can relocate, on the orders of the Rescue Battalion, or if there is a special event going on that requires a Squad to be either relocated, or assigned to someone's quarters for the duration of the event.
Oh ok thanks. But do they relocate to other squads or engines ? I was told by a member of Squad 61 once that the only time they relocated was when Squads 288 , 270 , 252 & 18 were in Manhattan at 3 different jobs and a special event , which left Squad 41 to cover Bronx and Harlem , Squad 1 to cover most of Brooklyn & Staten Island & Squad 61 relocated to Squad 270  And covered all of queens and a portion of Brooklyn. He said that only happened because it was complete madness in the city at the time.

As I remember reading it somewhere, Squads do relocate. As I remember, Squad 288s quarters would be the firehouse to cover if all the other Squads were tied up. This is because it was considered a center location and easy for a Squad to cover the entire city if necessary from that point due to major expressways.

Same with Rescue Companies.Iif only one Rescue was in service, it would be operating out of Rescue 4s quarters in Queens. Because it is the best location to get to the other boros.

They are only supposed to cover other squads. But you get certain situations where someone in SOC thinks it's a good idea to put them in a Rescue Company.