Squad Second Piece

I saw some footage of a Squad 8 second piece and it features a crew cab. Would the company respond to a Hazmat run with only the second piece carrying all the equipment they need on that rig without the Squad engine?

Will this be the new squad second piece layout? I think they would struggle to fit one in Squad 18's quarters!

Thanks in advance,

Jarrod

J.T., I believe every company that has a SECOND PIECE, (Squads, Haz Mat, Satallites, etc) responds with BOTH pieces together as a two piece company together.

Bulldog

Bulldog
nfd2004 said:
J.T., I believe every company that has a SECOND PIECE, (Squads, Haz Mat, Satallites, etc) responds with BOTH pieces together as a two piece company together.
If that's the case then what's the need for the crew cab on the 2nd piece? If it set up that way so that they are able to overstaffed those companies and have extra people on the 2nd piece?

Wasn?t it something like Squad 8 got the second piece from E165 which was a HAZ engine until the creation of Sq8? I think former E165 rig became the Squad rig and the second piece transferred over as well? All HMTU used by the engine companies are the Ferrara crew cabs

if its a former HMTU engines second piece and all HMTU second pieces have crew cabs then that makes sense, but to my knowledge all hazmat engines also respond with both apparatus why spend the extra money on a crew cab for the second piece? Cant be cheap!!

Good to see SQ8 getting some work...

JT (JT is easier to type than Jarrod!! been lazy.. sorry!!)

165 retained their hazmat tech 2nd piece, as they are still a hmtu.
Sq8?s was either going to replace r5?s or be a spare, it was ordered prior to the funding for sq8 being allocated.

Perhaps they are ordered with a custom cab so there is flexibility so if there is a major event or something they can add extra staffing?