SUPER PUMPER 1

It's my understanding that a former COD thought it would be a good idea to buy this rig. COD's in the FDNY tend to get what they want, even when most other folks disagree with them. ;)

It's my understanding that a former COD thought it would be a good idea to buy this rig. COD's in the FDNY tend to get what they want, even when most other folks disagree with them. ;)
It was not a COD....it was a Staff Chief who Retired before delivery....maybe something will happen after Jan 1 with the new FC & his new crew ?

What everyone is saying may be true about this rig replacing the foam tender unit at Engine 238, or placing it at Engine 260. But fact remains that the FDNY has not trained anyone on this rig, and there is no assignment for it. In other words, it was not good planning.

I don't know why the FDNY did not have the proper planning for this rig before they made the purchased in the first place. Also, if the rig goes out of service for repairs, the department will lose all of the rig's capability, just like the original Super Pumper.
There is a plan something with the new high rises…. Once I get more info I will publish

What will be different with the new High Rises? Your post suggests possible changes to the current units capabilities.
The talks of having something similar to the Super Pumper as the High Rise Units. There still up in there air with everything with change of administration. Still waiting for the 6 Collapse Rescues to get out thru……