TDA (tillers)

Biding for two Tillers should be coming up the two 2005s should be replaced soon. Any word ?

147 said:
Biding for two Tillers should be coming up the two 2005s should be replaced soon. Any word ?
I'm guessing Seagrave, as the last batch of tillers has been Seagrave.

Don't be surprised if Rosenbauer gets in this time as they almost did on the last tiller bidding.

Seagrave has the order for the 2 tillers.  i believe it was added on to the order that is currently out

BCR

Those were the last two due for replacement right ? I think they are both 2005's and that's why they were not replaced in the current order

Philadelphia opened a TDA bid last week.  Four bidders. KME, ROSENBAUER, SPARTAN ERV and SMEAL.  KME was the low bidder.  Philadelphia has never purchased TDAs from any of these companies before.

Bulldog

Bulldog
XPFD3 said:
Philadelphia opened a TDA bid last week.  Four bidders. KME, ROSENBAUER, SPARTAN ERV and SMEAL.  KME was the low bidder.  Philadelphia has never purchased TDAs from any of these companies before.
I'm wondering why Seagrave didn't bid?  There's something very unusual about Philadelphia specifications that they didn't like?

Pierce never bids in Philadelphia.  There is some clause in the boiler plate that they do not like.  PFD has not bought Seagrave Engines or Ladders since 1993.

only thing philly has really bought seagrave in the last few years was the chemical unit at hazmat. 

I heard that peirce was one of the bidders last time for the tdas (a year ago that alf won) but they could not meet the specs for the jack spread and lenght of the truck.

XPFD3 said:
Pierce never bids in Philadelphia.  There is some clause in the boiler plate that they do not like.  PFD has not bought Seagrave Engines or Ladders since 1993.

But they loaded up on that ALF crap!!  Makes no sense.