TDHMT

Yes, you have all seen lots of TDAs (Tractor-Drawn Aerials), and many of you have seen one or more of the tractor +trailer Hazmat rigs that serve around the country. But how many of you have seen the FIRST Tractor-Drawn Hazmat Tiller? The new Dallas FD Hazmat:

tdhmt.png

Well talk about applications for a Tiller take a look at this one. Tiller Crane Squad 1 Portland ..https://www.absoluterescue.com/features/rescue-rigs/squad-1-portland-fire-rescue/#jp-carousel-1500

Bulldog

Bulldog
Yes, you have all seen lots of TDAs (Tractor-Drawn Aerials), and many of you have seen one or more of the tractor +trailer Hazmat rigs that serve around the country. But how many of you have seen the FIRST Tractor-Drawn Hazmat Tiller? The new Dallas FD Hazmat:

View attachment 21372
Any idea why they need a tillered truck like this in Dallas? It's not like there streets are that crowded and restricted like they are in NYC.

Squad 1 Portland Fire & Rescue is a unique Pierce Arrow XT tillered truck. Instead of a ladder, this tiller has a MT Model 30-217K8 Iowa Mold Tooling Company crane. At the maximum extension of 69 feet it can lift 1435 pounds, but at the minimum extension it can lift 22,045 pounds.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Squad 1 Portland Fire & Rescue is a unique Pierce Arrow XT tillered truck. Instead of a ladder, this tiller has a MT Model 30-217K8 Iowa Mold Tooling Company crane. At the maximum extension of 69 feet it can lift 1435 pounds, but at the minimum extension it can lift 22,045 pounds.
Do you know what the minimum extension is when it can lift the 22,000 pounds? That might be useful in some circumstances but the lifting capacity at isn't going to be very helpful.

Do you know what the minimum extension is when it can lift the 22,000 pounds? That might be useful in some circumstances but the lifting capacity at isn't going to be very helpful.
minimum extention is anything where they don't have to slide out the boom

Is this rig in service ? Does anyone know if they staff it 24/7? Does anyone know what the crew size is? Would love to see it at a fire and in operation

Is this rig in service ? Does anyone know if they staff it 24/7? Does anyone know what the crew size is? Would love to see it at a fire and in operation
If you're referring to the Dallas HazMat truck, I don't know if it's in service. I imagine it's probably cross-staffed likely by the Rescue company at the same station.

If you're referring to the Portland Squad, it's actually a decade old (2012) and has now been reassigned to Squad 12. I don't know if it's staffed on its own or cross-staffed.

If you're referring to the Dallas HazMat truck, I don't know if it's in service. I imagine it's probably cross-staffed likely by the Rescue company at the same station.

If you're referring to the Portland Squad, it's actually a decade old (2012) and has now been reassigned to Squad 12. I don't know if it's staffed on its own or cross-staffed.
Did they buy a new one?