Television from a different time

Talking about news and history.. WCBS-880 news is closings down. They announced it yesterday.

Although that in terms of news I not necessarily always agreed to them... But we can't take away the fact that as driving in NYC and switching between 880 and 1010 isn't childhood memories.

I personally isn't that old but still old enough to be part of the history..

On that horrible morning that changed our lives forever at 8:48am Tom Kaminski On Chopper 880 was the first one to report "Something has happened at the World Trade Center".

Talking about news and history.. WCBS-880 news is closings down. They announced it yesterday.

Although that in terms of news I not necessarily always agreed to them... But we can't take away the fact that as driving in NYC and switching between 880 and 1010 isn't childhood memories.

I personally isn't that old but still old enough to be part of the history..

On that horrible morning that changed our lives forever at 8:48am Tom Kaminski On Chopper 880 was the first one to report "Something has happened at the World Trade Center".

Yes "DJ Nat", it was WCBS - 880 news that first gave that report of the horrible morning which changed our lives forever.

I enjoyed listening to WCBS, especially heading down from Connecticut on I-95 to my buff trips in NYC.
Their traffic reports were always a big help on delays throughout NYC.

I also enjoyed listening to WCBS even here some 130 miles away, with the latest events involving the FDNY or NYPD.
They gave excellent news coverage

He was nicknamed "The Polish Prince".
He had his own TV Show called; The Bobby Vinton Show".

He had many musical hits.
Some of you may remember these:
Roses are Red
Please Love Me Forever
Blue Velvet
I Love How You Love Me
Mr Lonely
Blue on Blue
My Special Angel

Here we take a look back to the Bobby Vinton Show at a 1975 Closing.
Maybe you remember this one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=deTJj9bdj_w