TET OFFENSIVE.

TET OFFENSIVE.
? Thread Started Today at 4:09am ?   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
43 Years ago the Tet Offensive was in full swing .....My last months in the USMC 1st Bn 1st Div...there is a tribute article in Newsday Monday 1-31-11 that a reporter named Jennifer Maloney wrote ...along w/a sidebar on page A6 that i hope someone on here more computer literate than i could post for all to read ....NEVER FORGET !

WOW, it has been that many years! I joined the USAF in 1966, after spending 10 months at Barksdale AFB in LA I received orders to SEA. I  was assigned to HQ 7AF at Tan Son Nhut AB in Saigon. My first night in-country was the night TET started, welcome to the Nam! I was wounded in a rocket attack in June, then I took a TDY assignment to DaNang. There was an opening several weeks later at Hue for an Intell airman with the 20 TASS. I accepted it and extended my tour. I flew combat missions in an 0-2 FAC aircraft. We primarily flew in support of ARVN ops, but there were times we supported Army and Marine ground combat missions. Grumpy (AKA as Trail 39A, Sept 68-Aug 69) Grizzly

Hey Chief, where was 1st Bn, 1st Divisions AO? If my memory is correct you may have been with some family! Thanks chief for your service!

CFD......1/1 early '67 ...Hoi Ann  .. Hue /PhuBai.....Fall '67 along the Eastern portion of the DMZ....Con Thien..C-2 then Jan '68 back to  Hue  PhuBai for Tet......was still  there 5 days after i was supposed to have been discharged due to all the kaos.......Back in the World mid March '68.

Thank you for your services. I took a class on the Vietnam war last semester at school. I figured my teacher would be a bleeding heart liberal so I was skeptical at first, but the he turned out to be pretty fair and I learned a lot from him. We were supposed to have a guest speaker who participated but it never worked out, unfortunately. Interesting to learn about and should never be forgotten.