The results are in

Ah, DiGiorno! Ray, that menu was golden, thanks for the history and forget Willy or Frank, I will come to VA!
Rev, when you get to Ray's place in Virginia, find out if he does take out and home delivery to New York and Connecticut.

Ah, DiGiorno! Ray, that menu was golden, thanks for the history and forget Willy or Frank, I will come to VA!

Rev, you are welcome any time. And please tell rank (oops, Frank) for me I'd be happy to deliver to both him & Willy . . . for a small ($25,000) delivery fee. Of course, refrigerated delivery is more (7-11 ice isn't cheap, you know).

Alright, Frank & Willy. I give up. You win. But let me give you a hint on the kind of Italian food I'm sure the two of you like. It can be found in my name: Braguglia. Understand? Meanwhile I'll go back to eating real food.

Rev, you are welcome any time. And please tell rank (oops, Frank) for me I'd be happy to deliver to both him & Willy . . . for a small ($25,000) delivery fee. Of course, refrigerated delivery is more (7-11 ice isn't cheap, you know).
Alright Ray, bring it on North. Uncle Wilfred will cover the delivery charges.

If you gave Uncle Bill catsup on toast he would call it pizza. How can anyone that calls McDonalds his favorite restaurant judge any food? Uncle Bill, there is a reason all the pizza places around the world have signs up saying they serve "NY Style Pizza".
The only way you'll ever get something NEAR N.Y. pizza out of state is if you truck
If you gave Uncle Bill catsup on toast he would call it pizza. How can anyone that calls McDonalds his favorite restaurant judge any food? Uncle Bill, there is a reason all the pizza places around the world have signs up saying they serve "NY Style Pizza".
Anywhere that pizza is made that wants to be as good as NY pizza would have to have NEW YORK WATER trucked in to make the dough!

Only Mr. Gage is smiling. The other three of us aren't. I wonder why.

Frank, "fdce54", Don't you remember !!! "I was there that day".

That's NOT the way it went at all.

You, as well as "mikeindabronx" and "jbendick" aren't smiling because you three guys weren't too happy that it really is TRUE. Pepe's Pizza really is NUMBER ONE.

After each one of you guys had at least a half dozen slices of Pepe's Pizza each, you really had to admit that Pepe's Pizza, that was started way back in 1925 in New Haven, Ct., - really is BETTER than any NYC Pizza's.

The only reason why "Johnny Gage" is the ONLY ONE smiling is because he was just trying to be a gentleman about the whole thing.

Yes Brad, that's the place where it all began way back in 1925, 75 years ago.

That's the place where a very young Willy D, these days aka "NFD2004", back in the 1950s (8, 9, 10 years old) would enjoy a few dozen slices of his favorite ALL MEAT Special Pizza Pie.

It was also the beginning of those GREAT DAYS OF DOO WOP.

Doo Wop Music and Pepe's Pizza - "It just doesn't get any better than that".

OK WAIT..In reply # 32 above in front of Pepe's Pizza i see our nycfire.net crew in the street ....i don't see them picking up trash as they would do as good neighborhood Citizens ..... so what small unseen objects are they bending down for ? ....they do not smoke so it is probably not useable cigarette butts their after for a quick free nicotine hit ?.....it could only be loose change dropped by parkers or (i hope not) used chewing gum for a refreshing minty breath after their Pizza ?

Last edited:
Well, we've ALL certainly enjoyed hearing the stories and comments of who makes the Best Pizza.

I know my favorite is Pepes but I guess as they say; "Different strokes for different folks". I guess the same could be said of Politics. But let's NOT get into that one.

Instead, how about we focus on our FAVORITE Neighborhood Bar.

Of course since this Covid-19 thing, it just hasn't been the same. For many of us here, over the last few years Our Favorite Bar has been Maggie Mays in the Bayside section of Queens. Many of us would get together there for some great chow and a couple of cool one's. But since this Covid-19 thing, sadly Maggie Mayes has been closed down. We all miss seeing each other, popping a few, having some great chow, chit chatting about the FDNY, and other interesting topics.

Oh yes, it was Maggie Mays that our good friend, a young Mr Irish, aka Declean, fell asleep TWICE in one night as one very pretty lady did her best to attract his attention. Maybe some of you remember that story that was posted on this site.

Of course for most of us, before our happy days/nights at Maggie Mays, many of us had our favorite neighborhood bar. For me back in the day, this was mine which is also now closed. But maybe you've heard of it. In fact maybe you heard of the bartender and maybe even his most popular customer.

So let's take you back to a very popular neighborhood bar that maybe some of you remember.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTm9krDGYhU

Well, Willy, you seem to forget that my issue was not about who makes the best pizza. My complaint was that pizza isn't food, it's the result of a communist plot to destroy the American way of life. But I guess some people actually like that (unmentionable word). And, I guess, some people actually like Marmite, too (Irish will understand). But I don't know anyone who didn't like Jackie Gleason as Joe the Bartender and Frank Fontaine as Crazy Guggenheim. Only trouble is that you've got to be older than dirt to remember them. ;)