Towe block fire London UK

Twenty fire engines and around 125 firefighters have been called to a fire at a block of flats and offices on Whitechapel High Street.

Crews are tackling a fire on the 17th floor of a 21-storey building. The Brigade's 64m ladder has been mobilised to the incident.

The Brigade's 999 Control Officers have taken more than 50 calls to the blaze.

The Brigade was called at 1553. Fire crews from Whitechapel, Shoreditch, Dowgate, Bethnal Green, Dockhead, Old Kent Road, Islington and surrounding fire stations are at the scene.

The cause of the fire is not known at this stage.

Twenty fire engines and around 125 firefighters have been called to a fire at a block of flats and offices on Whitechapel High Street.

Crews are tackling a fire on the 17th floor of a 21-storey building. The Brigade's 64m ladder has been mobilised to the incident.

The Brigade's 999 Control Officers have taken more than 50 calls to the blaze.

The Brigade was called at 1553. Fire crews from Whitechapel, Shoreditch, Dowgate, Bethnal Green, Dockhead, Old Kent Road, Islington and surrounding fire stations are at the scene.

The cause of the fire is not known at this stage.
Okay, say they raise this thing all the way up to 64 meters. Then what? Do they send the johnnie up to check the view? I'll bet he can easily see up to Flower & Dean Street: Jack the Ripper's old killing field.

Somebody did, do I feel jealousy starting

Attachments

• 20220307_195905.jpg
    20220307_195905.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 31

Bulldog

Bulldog
If you watch the video above you will see how this unit operates. You do not climb the ladder, there is a trolley that goes up to the top either taking people up or bringing people down for a little bit of both. It's actually a rather ingenious piece of equipment and I can see how could be quite usable where you have lots of high-rise buildings. Certainly safer and quicker than having people come down the ladder!