Tower Ladder Master Stream Water Supply

FDNY Tower Ladders have two siamese inlets with, I believe, 2 1/2 inch connections. At a few fires and in pictures where I have seen tower ladder master streams in operation, it appears that the water is supplied by one 3 1/2 inch line. Is this always the case or do they ever connect two 31/2 inch lines to supply the master stream ? If the piping built into the tower ladders can handle 1,000 gpm why not add at least another supply l;ine ?

Tower Ladder Siamese inlets are 3” and that’s what hose is stretched when supplying, the 3 1/2 hose in FDNY has 3” fittings. An increaser from 2 1/2 to 3” would be needed in event of 2 1/2 line being used. You can add the second line to the Siamese if needed for whatever reason but usually one 3 1/2 does the job. FYI the only true hose with 3 1/2” fittings is carried by marine units and there are special adapters to use when supplying land based operations

Is there a standard tip size on the towers? Or is it stack tip sets? Effective flow from 3” is 500gpms?

Stack tips. With a stream shaper. I believe 1.25 inch is the smallest. Usually you want 2 supply lines feed a tower ladder. Minimum of 250psi

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what model deck gun/master stream appliance the TL's use in the bucket? I know it's manual. Also, specifically, who makes that C-shaped handle (I think some people call it a tiller stick?).