Va. Beach, Va. Replacement Firehouse Groundbreaking

Last week, crews started work at the site for Engine Co. 4 in Va. Beach. The firehouse will be a 3 bay/2 story building with a slidepole. upstairs will have bunkrooms,bathrooms/showers & the PT room. Downstairs will have a watchroom, Capt's office, living room, kitchen, workroom, storage etc...  It will be housing an Engine Co. & Ambulance along with spare apparatus. I'll try to keep you fellas updated with photos when I'm able. 

Groundbreaking commenced for a replacement firehouse for Engine Co. 7. Next year when the firehouse is complete, Ladder 7 is slated to be organized and will be housed there. It will be a 4 bay- 2 story firehouse. Completion is supposed to be July 2013.

vbcapt said:
Last week, crews started work at the site for Engine Co. 4 in Va. Beach. The firehouse will be a 3 bay/2 story building with a slidepole. upstairs will have bunkrooms,bathrooms/showers & the PT room. Downstairs will have a watchroom, Capt's office, living room, kitchen, workroom, storage etc...  It will be housing an Engine Co. & Ambulance along with spare apparatus. I'll try to keep you fellas updated with photos when I'm able.

Deano, thats your house right ? (Engine 4). And also Engine 7 is getting a new home ?

Yes Willie D, Engine 4 is mine & Engine 7 is also being rebuilt. Both current firehouses were originally volunteer and really weren't built with career members in mind. They both had to be altered & added on over many years.

Also, Engine 13 is slated for a replacement house however, only conceptual plans are being looked at and no funding for construction has been apparopriated