Very Last E-One Heavy Rescue Spare

Caught Rescue 1 the other day using SR02003 (Ex Rescue 3) 2002 E-One Cyclone/Saulsbury. I believe it’s the very last. E-One Rescue in the FDNY’s fleet. R2’s E-One is with another department, R5 & 4s we’re sold off a few months ago and I read somewhere R1’s caught fire.

Reminds me of a test question: What FDNY apparatus is not allowed to go the wrong way on a one way street?

answer: Fireboat.
But are they allowed to pass starboard to starboard? Are they allowed to run on the port side of a channel? Must they give way to sailing vessels?

Caught Rescue 1 the other day using SR02003 (Ex Rescue 3) 2002 E-One Cyclone/Saulsbury. I believe it’s the very last. E-One Rescue in the FDNY’s fleet. R2’s E-One is with another department, R5 & 4s we’re sold off a few months ago and I read somewhere R1’s caught fire.

When did Rescue 1 catch fire?

I hadn't read that but it sounds about right for the quality of the recent deliveries, especially the rescues!
I was referring to the 2002 E-One catching fire, I read that somewhere in Facebook but cannot determine if it’s true. Once the Pierce rescue was recieved the E-One disappeared from R1. Not sure what happend to the 2011 they have which has caused them to go into a spare.

I was referring to the 2002 E-One catching fire, I read that somewhere in Facebook but cannot determine if it’s true. Once the Pierce rescue was recieved the E-One disappeared from R1. Not sure what happend to the 2011 they have which has caused them to go into a spare.
If I am not mistaken, was suppose to be 5 Pierce Rescues but something happened with the order and finished only 1 and requesting a lot of things to be fixed and Pierce didn’t want to fix them (something with warranty stuff) so FDNY dropped out and only kept the 1 rescue. But the Pierce rescue has been the best rescue even tho it has went in a lot of flooded waters. The 2011 rig will be back before the “NEW” 2019 rig that’s for sure!

after 1 got the pierce, their E-1 got some updated lights and got reassigned to R4 as their normally assigned rig (which is the one that went on fire) and the E-1 that was originally 4 became a spare. There had been some issues with 4’s original E-1 after an accident.

If I am not mistaken, was suppose to be 5 Pierce Rescues but something happened with the order and finished only 1 and requesting a lot of things to be fixed and Pierce didn’t want to fix them (something with warranty stuff) so FDNY dropped out and only kept the 1 rescue. But the Pierce rescue has been the best rescue even tho it has went in a lot of flooded waters. The 2011 rig will be back before the “NEW” 2019 rig that’s for sure!
The pierce rescue was a gsa contract. their was never a bid for them

I remember working at Saulsbury wiring all 5 of them
I remember working at Saulsbury and drawing up a mockup of a "new FDNY rescue on a short E-One cab" back in around 1999 (damn, I feel old.) Somewhere, I still have the first set of large prints that I made. Never got to see them finished, though. I did get to ride to a call in the back of the HME/Saulsbury Rescue 1 around the same time.