VETERANS LUNCH.

As a veteran and the father of a veteran, the words THANK YOU have so much more meaning then you will ever understand. ;)  Chicago is running a Veterans appreciation this week-end @ Navy Pier with a free concert I remember back in the 80's, Chicago did a Vietnam Veterans parade. My wife had to convince me to attend, I was tired of all the resentment towards us. We did the Fucking job you sent us to do. Went to the start up point, we started to march by units, no great order. Someone brought a case of beer, cans were popped. A Chicago cop on the scene said open alchoal containers were banned if seen by authorities, seems like he got a bug in his eye. They had the "Moving Wall" my wife understod what this really meant, sons, fathers, husbands never comomg home. Now she understood what we did to rescue people in trouble, such as Troops In Contact (TIC) or a Search and  Rescue (SAR) I served with the bravest and the best troops in the military, it is a shame the pols sent us down the river. What is the saying "Greater man about saving a fellow man, well it was 24/7, even on Xmas. DO NOT let what ANY vet has done for you go un appreciated, even if he was in a support mission he put his life on pause so you could advance yours.