Vintage FDNY Videos

LOVE that ALF Engine, especially with the Animal House on the bumper. Great Video, Good Find

Just found out in my 4th quarter WNYF that Lt. Casani (Ret.) of Rescue 1 died last year. Lt. Casani was a very great Officer and person. He was very hospitable to me and invited/allowed me to ride with Rescue 1 on several occassions. RIP Lieu  :'(

69 METS said:
1976 Bill Moyers commentates,  focuses on movement of fires and abandonment into West Bronx
[/quote]
"The Fire Next Door". with Engine 75, Ladder 33 and the 19.

Good morning NFD ... I don't recall this one, but if someone has it and could post it I would really like to have a look.
[/quote]

"The Fire Next Door" about the West Bronx and E75, L33, B19. I have never heard or seen any videos or dvd's on this show since that one time that it appeared on TV back in the late 70s or early 80s. One part of the program I remember was how somebody had thrown a dog off the roof of a six brick on Davidson Ave. I remember thinking of how cruel somebody could actually be. That dog probadly would have been alive much longer if he wasn't a part of that neighborhood.

When was E-209 disbanded? Were they disbanded from the quarters of Lad-102 or were they in a seperate firehouse prior to being disbanded?

Good stuff, I never saw this one before. I worked with some great guys who had gotten their start in 'The Patrol'. We didn't see the Patrol very often in the areas where I worked, I learned a few things from the video. Thanks for continuing to post these pieces of fire service history R1.

B

Bigandy

Hey R1Smokeeater,

I recently started uploading video to my Mac. I just use the standard 4 point to 6 point fire-wire into iMovie. What hardware/software are you using? Your video's are looking very clear.

Thanks!

Andy

I just picked up a gigaware VHS to DVD converter, which hooks the vcr to the computer - just working out quality issues. Of course the older the tape or recording will not be clear no matter what I do, but looking better than before I think. Here's another of the same one as sample:
WarYearsSample2.wmv