Walmart suit

I think many of our contributors gave some very good points to consider. I’m sure the lawyers will bring in people with a good amount of experience to explain and fully answer the lawyers questions.

The point of having yourself and family members depend on Walmart people getting you out of the building in an emergency, whether Walmart or any other major store, hotel, restaurant etc is NOT something any of us should depend on.
It’s good to know at least two exits out of the building before hand. Most people will tend to go to where they came in.
The local Walmart’s that I have been to also have emergency exits near the rest rooms usually towards the back of the building.

These days we all need to plan for an emergency whether it be a fire, a bomb, or an active shooter.

Please be careful out there.

Last edited:

mack

Administrator
This massive fire was in a 1.2M sq ft Walmart distribution center with over 1000 employees, not a Walmart store.

Last edited:

mack

Administrator
I hope the cause of the fire can be determined. The facility was occupied by Walmart employees and managed by Walmart managers. It would be ironic if Walmart employees, equipment or operations were responsible for starting the blaze but Walmart still sues the fire departments who extinguished fire and ensured the safety of its employees.

Maybe you start a big fire and then place blame on the ones who put it out?

This massive fire was in a 1.2M sq ft Walmart distribution center with over 1000 employees, not a Walmart store.
Around here, probably a half a dozen 1.2 M sq ft, 40 feet tall industrial buildings have recently opened. Most of them have a small volunteer department first due. An additional 24.6 M sq ft is under construction.

Around here, probably a half a dozen 1.2 M sq ft, 40 feet tall industrial buildings have recently opened. Most of them have a small volunteer department first due. An additional 24.6 M sq ft is under construction.
There is a large distribution center in Peru @ I-39 and I-80. Grab an Illinois map and check out the towns in that area. Many are small towns with volunteer departments. A fire at that complex would have major suppression problems.

Bulldog

Bulldog
There is a large distribution center in Peru @ I-39 and I-80. Grab an Illinois map and check out the towns in that area. Many are small towns with volunteer departments. A fire at that complex would have major suppression problems.
Hopefully the suppression systems are defined appropriately so that all the responding fire departments we have to do is put out hotspots and cleanup the leftovers.

Hopefully the suppression systems are defined appropriately so that all the responding fire departments we have to do is put out hotspots and cleanup the leftovers.
The Daikin/Goodman Co, an air conditioning manufacturer, built a plant several years ago in the middle of a pasture next to the I-290 Freeway. Reportedly, it is the second largest building in North America (first is a Boeing airliner assembly facility in Renton, WA.) It looks to be 2000 X 1000 ft in size. I think the four closest fire stations are all small vollie outfits. The water supply is a private company using well water. There is a 500 X 1000 foot retention pond on the south side that could be used for drafting.
I wonder what the company's fire insurer says about all this?

I think many of our contributors gave some very good points to consider. I’m sure the lawyers will bring in people with a good amount of experience to explain and fully answer the lawyers questions.

The point of having yourself and family members depend on Walmart people getting you out of the building in an emergency, whether Walmart or any other major store, hotel, restaurant etc is NOT something any of us should depend on.
It’s good to know at least two exits out of the building before hand. Most people will tend to go to where they came in.
The local Walmart’s that I have been to also have emergency exits near the rest rooms usually towards the back of the building.

These days we all need to plan for an emergency whether it be a fire, a bomb, or an active shooter.

Please be careful out there.
Most first responders I know always look around for two exits in a theater or other similar building when they enter and sit down.

Last edited: