The one-year-old was not breathing when pulled from the fire, the others had difficulty breathing. The children's mother was not at home at the time and neighbors initially thought that because the mom's car was not there that the kids were not home either.
Time to hold the Mom accountable. Sad to hear of Children dying without adult supervision. As a Fire Marshal a lot of times young kids playing with matches was the cause of fires I responded to. And another problem was no working smoke detector, usually it was present less the battery.