What is this unit

OK on FDNY trucks there are two units that Ive never heard about one is called the General safety and is on a 2002 mack chassis it is 18th down on special operations page. The other is the fifth picture down on the special operations page. It looks almost like it has light poles maybe a generator on a 2005 Ford F450/Reading/RW Truck Equipment. what are they used for and what is on them, lastly where are they housed at, the Rock maybe? THANKS!!!

Hurst tools used are pneumatic (compessed air) not hydraulic (pressurized oil).

The SOC compressor has jack hammers, rock drills, chain saws, vacuum truck connections, the air knife and other tools which is all powered by the air compressor. The SOC compressor comes from Roosevelt Island aka SOC Island.

I'm sorry, I answered that post too soon earlier, before I was awake. The Hurst tool IS hydraulic.

In addition to a 4-cycle gasoline power unit, the Rescue Co.'s have an AC electric power unit as well as an air powered unit. All three of these power units provide hydraulic pressure. None of this has anything to do with the SOC compressor unit.

Good info thanks guys. It does look like on the top there is a light tower or something with foot holds? who knows glad to know it is a air compressor unit though. Rescue 7???? where is it located at? Again THANKS!!!! ;D

Last I remember R-7 sits behind Division 13 at Sq-270's quarters. That's going back a few years though.