White Helmet Black Shield

I was just looking through some pictures of a Brooklyn job and I saw a Brother with a white helmet and a black shield.  Never saw this before is that a Chief's Aide?

bklk said:
I was just looking through some pictures of a Brooklyn job and I saw a Brother with a white helmet and a black shield.  Never saw this before is that a Chief's Aide?

No that would not be a Chief's aide. Their helmets are black with a black front piece that would read........Chief Aide
                                                                                                                                                        xx Batt. (Or Division)
                                                                                                                                                          Badge #

Is it possible you saw an EMS officer? EMS has the tan colored bunker gear and orange helmets for EMT's & Paramedics and white helmets for Lt.'s, Capt's & Chiefs.

Hope that helps.

R1SmokeEater said:
bklk said:

It may have been an Acting Battalion Chief (Capt) helmet, white with a gold shield (not goldleaf like a Chief) that was dirty perhaps.....

http://www.firstonscenephotos.com/FDNY/FDNY-Brooklyn-3rd-Alarm815/31233251_hpcHWR#!i=2703175395&k=NQzxTsB&lb=1&s=L

Thanks for that picture Jamie. First time I ever saw that too.

Probably the pic(#2) u saw

That is the picture I was talking about.  I know what the Aide's front shield looks like thought it might of changed.  This shield does not look like a Captain's shield either.  If I didn't see the shirt and patch I would of guessed a ride along.

BCR

There is another shot of a guy like that pic 126 I think looks like a 58 on the shield, the shield is well worn and the helmet looks brand new

The picture in question is an  "ABC"..... a CPT who for the tour is "Acting BN Chief".....the (in FDNY terms a  Frontpiece not a shield) Frontpiece is not gold leaf but rather a gold colored cheap Front provided by the present FDNY Quartermaster....most probably the Helmet was replaced & the original Frontpiece was retained .....each BN & DV has one Helmet for Acting guys.