WTF.

The rest of the story: First, the Houston Chronicle left wing editors never sides with the firemen. No Houston firehouse has a subscription to the paper. Second, the firemen backed the election of Turner because he told the union that he would keep their well functioning pension intact. The first thing he did as mayor was screw the members by ruining it. Next, he appointed an out of town new fire chief....from the "West Texas town of El Paso". The members still aren't sure he knows which end of the hose the water is supposed to come out of. Then the appointed command staff assistant chiefs, as can be imagined, are diverse. They have no IC experience. They ignored members with USAR experience (Katrina, 9/11,Florida,Puerto Rico etc). during Hurricane Harvey. Thankfully, the news media was too stupid to notice. Threatened lay offs are only the most recent insult.

if any college student ( supposedly an "adult" ) is ''triggered'' by the sight of police, they don't belong in college, they should be back in preschool where the most basic things are explored.

THIS COULD APPLY TO FD ALSO...  https://nypost.com/2019/04/14/dont-let-activists-and-lawyers-weaponize-police-discipline-records/

https://nypost.com/2019/04/27/pack-of-teens-robbed-cyclist-in-central-park-cops/

Another ridiculous waste of $$$$.........    https://secretnyc.co/the-worlds-first-underground-park-will-open-in-the-les-by-2021/?fbclid=IwAR0yBkbUJxPR0gG1YOrqXuP1LEvREvdhxjXma-hzqrqEa77bUmjvbS8Oi2M

I thought Katz's was on Allen Street not Delancey as per the article and this place will be the city-wide drug sellers dream.

DUMP THIS A WIPE....    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/440125-sanders-boston-marathon-bomber-should-be-able-to-vote-from-prison?fbclid=IwAR2qun-XNeRflOifJ5-hMEFUUPBxhavCP6ycJo8hJ92TVtsy-_sUm_dW0w0

I'm assuming this is a notably bad joke - right??  I know: never assume...  Please. Lord!

68jk09 said:
DUMP THIS A WIPE....    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/440125-sanders-boston-marathon-bomber-should-be-able-to-vote-from-prison?fbclid=IwAR2qun-XNeRflOifJ5-hMEFUUPBxhavCP6ycJo8hJ92TVtsy-_sUm_dW0w0

sanders is practically an admitted communist and all the democrats want prisoners, non citizens and anyone else they can get .... to be able to vote ...assuming they would vote for the democrat party candidates... any yous in new york / nyc should know much better than i do.  20 TRUMP 20

NYC CRIME
NEW YORK
?Bail reform, it?s lit!? NYC transit recividist brags he can?t be stopped after his latest arrest for turnstile jumping, skipping court dates
By KERRY BURKE, ROCCO PARASCANDOLA and JOHN ANNESE
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
FEB 15, 2020 | 8:24 AM

Charles Barry, exiting court following his having been arraigned and released, in Manhattan Criminal Court on Friday, February 15, 2020.

He?s up to 139 arrests ? and he says he can?t be stopped.

Serial subway crook Charles Barry walked out of Manhattan Criminal Court early Saturday after his arraignment in his most recent arrest on Thursday afternoon.

He knew that except for having to spend about 36 hours in police custody, there were no immediate consequences to his alleged crimes, which include charges he snatched cash from people trying to use MetroCard machines.

?I?m famous! I take $200, $300 a day of your money, cracker! You can?t stop me!? Barry yelled to a Daily News reporter late Thursday night as police led him out of NYPD Transit District 1 headquarters in the Columbus Circle station.

?Bail reform, it?s lit!? Barry said. ?It?s the Democrats! The Democrats know me and the Republicans fear me. You can?t touch me! I can?t be stopped!?

Barry was taken from Columbus Circle to Manhattan Central Booking, where he cooled his heels for about 24 hours in a courthouse holding area.

When he was finally released after his hearing early Saturday, Barry was still enthusiastic about Albany?s decision last year to eliminate bail for nonviolent crimes.

?It?s a great thing. It?s a beautiful thing,? he said. ?They punk?ed people out for bull--t crimes.?

Barry, 56, who has served six stints in state prison, has been arrested six times since New York?s bail reform laws took effect Jan. 1.

After each arrest, he was freed without bail because the charges against him did not involve violence. Twice he was charged with stealing money unsuspecting straphangers were trying to insert in MetroCard vending machines.

Barry found himself in trouble again Thursday just hours after his face appeared on a Daily News front page that headlined the MetroCard machine heists.

Officers who?ve gotten to know Barry over the years were looking for him that day because two warrants had been issued for his arrest after he missed court dates.

One court hearing Barry skipped is related to a Jan. 19 incident in which he was given a desk appearance ticket for allegedly stealing $50 out of woman?s hand inside the subway station at W. 42nd St. and Sixth Ave. near Bryant Park. The other hearing he missed was related to a theft in December.

Officers spotted him jumping a turnstile in Penn Station and began following him, said police. They lost track of him briefly before they found and arrested him around 1:30 p.m. at the subway station at W. 50th St. and Eighth Ave.

'You can't stop me!' Charles Barry declares after cops cuff him yet again.

The arrest was the 139th in Barry?s career. His criminal record includes six felonies, 87 misdemeanors, and 21 missed court hearings, records show.

Since the bail law took effect, Barry has been freed three times on supervised release, which did not require him to post bail. He was convicted of a minor charge of bending a MetroCard in a way that would let him on the subway for free, and sentenced to time served.

Police officials said that under the state?s former bail laws, Barry would more likely have been held on bail, thereby increasing the number of days he spent in custody.

It?s not clear how many times Barry was held on bail in his 133 pre-bail-reform arrests.

The Legal Aid Society said the NYPD is using a few cases to stoke fears after six weeks that bail and other reforms are a failure. It also said that despite what police say, ?pre-trial incarceration actually erodes public safety and perpetuates recidivism.?

We hear this from the "SKELL Himself".

After being arrested 139 times, which includes SIX Felony crimes, he continues to walk our streets with NO FEAR of the Law.

How much has this ONE Individual cost ALL of the decent hardworking people. Most likely he gets a FREE Lawyer, he steals money from the NYC Transit System, and sometimes from the innocent decent people who just want to get home after working their entire day to pay the bills.

If "HE" can do it, "how many more can do this too". So we have actually NO IDEA what the total cost is or could be.

Is this something that the NYC Political leaders should address and maybe give some serious thought to.

This story is certainly something to pass around. I think I'll do just that.

QUALITY OF LIFE....  https://nypost.com/2020/02/16/squeegee-men-scourge-of-the-90s-are-back-in-new-york/

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/nypd-stats-show-notable-jump-in-crime-so-far-this-year/?utm_source=facebook_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons&fbclid=IwAR1yN2xqI13ZMXmX9rwUyfM7OKdXHkA78je8FEbv_V3qPYmGPBTBTE8UEZM

Gee, what a shock! I would have never guessed that the no bail situation would evolve in to a rise in crime ???

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/thin-blue-line-masks-break-policy-but-rainbow-patches-are-ok/

Just goes to show you what the screaming libs consider offensive. Too bad the Chief of Police has no, well you know.