Yonkers Fire HQ Comdemned

Seen a report on News 12 that at 0800 today, YFD HQ was condemned by City Engineers. Anyone know where the Ladder and Rescue were relocated too?

Yes, they closed the Firehouse. Many years of non maintainence resulted in this. TL-71 to Station-3 with E303 & Bat-1. Rescue-1  to Station-8 with E-308. Sucks losing your long time home......

I know it's just happened but any plans in works for new station or is this a permanent closure. Long runs for the rescue to reach the east side of Yonkers now.

mac8146 said:
I know it's just happened but any plans in works for new station or is this a permanent closure. Long runs for the rescue to reach the east side of Yonkers now.

Mac. No plans yet. Guess we will know more in weeks to come. Yes, it was either long runs to East Side, or long runs to West side. There is no space in any other FH for us.

The last new Firehouse built was Station-8 35 years ago.......

R1, I heard there was a new firehouse to be built in Ridge Hill on land donated by the developer and possibly to be built by the developer for the engine (310 I think) and a new truck company. Is this just BS or is there any truth to it and if so have a three bay FH built to accomadate the engine, truck and the rescue. That would be a more central location for rescue.

fdce54 said:
R1, I heard there was a new firehouse to be built in Ridge Hill on land donated by the developer and possibly to be built by the developer for the engine (310 I think) and a new truck company. Is this just BS or is there any truth to it and if so have a three bay FH built to accomadate the engine, truck and the rescue. That would be a more central location for rescue.

This Firehouse was part of the plan to develop Ridge Hill. It was supposed to be built before it can be okpened. RH was built, has been open for years......conviently NO Firehouse happened.

As for Station-1. There had been talk for years of rehabbing it, relocating it, building a new Firehouse, putting up a temp tin house, etc. Guess what? Nothing was done. And here we are.