Yonkers,NY Cops Rescue Baby And Mom Pinned Under Car (Delayed) 7/23/2021

Horrible video. I grew up in that neighborhood with Officer Paul S. and the alleged driver. In the last 30 years there has been a complete demographic replacement of the people I grew up with. That was a completely safe neighborhood up til the mid 90's Two murders have occurred on that corner in the last few years. The alleged perp was not a reputable young man in my day.

The video is being played on all of the national news channels. According to those news channels, both the mother and child will be okay.

The police officers are being "praised" for the job they've done. They made a split second decision that turned out okay.

Of course on this site is one of our Administrators, "Truck 4", a boss in the Yonkers Police Dept, who might even be the YPD/ESU boss.
Maybe he sees it in another way like "what if they dropped the car once it was up.
Of course I have a ton of respect for him and for the job he does. In this case, his opinion counts a lot more than mine.
It's easy for myself or anybody else to Monday morning quarterback what these officers did.
Perhaps they will be honored as heroes.

I remember seeing civilians lifting cars off of people. I also remember being taught to "lift - chock", "lift again - chock again", etc., until the victim can be safely removed.

It's certainly NOT my job to say if they did right or wrong. But, as Mr Citizen who wasn't there at the time, for now I'll go with what the news channels are saying; "They did a great job".

"scoobyd", I think so many of us can relate to what you are talking about. Neighborhoods that were once considered safe are no longer that way.