Youtube footage of BUFFS in 1993

If I remember right, only Engine 4, 45, and 46 were repainted to white over red. The rest stayed lime.

I remember buffing with some guys from the Jersey Gong Club back in the late 70's or early 80's and they all had lights and sirens in their personal vehicles

Lucky the cops didnt pull these guys over they might have got the ol wood shampoo ;D

FDNY150 said:
If I remember right, only Engine 4, 45, and 46 were repainted to white over red. The rest stayed lime.

E 58 kept theres until it was replaced by a new rig.

don333 said:
I remember buffing with some guys from the Jersey Gong Club back in the late 70's or early 80's and they all had lights and sirens in their personal vehicles

It's guys like that that give buffs a bad name. I've seen a few out there myself. As a matter of fact, I believe I was also there on July, 1993 and saw a car of buffs with lights and a siren. Not only were they lucky that the NYPD never caught them, but also that they didn't get into an accident with some unlucky citizen just driving to grandmas house.

I also think this was posted earlier and one guy was described as a well known buff from the D.C. area. Certainly not somebody that I would want to be associated with. Over the years there was plenty of action to chase. And I Know that I never had to use a light and siren to get there.

nfd2004 said:
don333 said:

It's guys like that that give buffs a bad name. I've seen a few out there myself. As a matter of fact, I believe I was also there on July, 1993 and saw a car of buffs with lights and a siren. Not only were they lucky that the NYPD never caught them, but also that they didn't get into an accident with some unlucky citizen just driving to grandmas house.

I also think this was posted earlier and one guy was described as a well known buff from the D.C. area. Certainly not somebody that I would want to be associated with. Over the years there was plenty of action to chase. And I Know that I never had to use a light and siren to get there.
AMEN!

truck4

Administrator
Good post!!! Could not have said it better myself!

You know if these guys were stopped by the police, they would tell everyone they know that the cops were jerks.