News of Members

Willy D asked me to post this picture of Garrett Lindrgen, aka 69METS and John Bendick, aka jbendick

Both worked together at E75/L33 when the firehouse was on Jerome Ave

In this photo John was in Fla where Garrett now lives and he stopped by to visit his good buddy and Brother Firefighter

Attachments

• EF8BCFD2-D10E-4C5A-B705-DE318A9A3BB8.jpeg
    EF8BCFD2-D10E-4C5A-B705-DE318A9A3BB8.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 26
Thanks Brad.

Both John and Garrett, a couple of GREAT GUYS who are still into the job. (Just like so many of us here are).

As I understand it, Garrett worked Engine 234/Ladder 123 (where his father had also been assigned). Then Ladder 33, Squad 41, then Rescue 3

John had worked Engine 96, Squad 2, Engine 75, Batt 19 aide, Lt Engine 68, and Capt Engine 23.

Did he work for either the Job, the Quartermaster (if it was around then), or the vendor when bunker gear was first being distributed?
I remember the name.
Rest in peace.
No that was a completely different Jack at the QM who was a RET FDNY CPT. & was Reilly no O'

Last edited:
Thanks Brad.

Both John and Garrett, a couple of GREAT GUYS who are still into the job. (Just like so many of us here are).

As I understand it, Garrett worked Engine 234/Ladder 123 (where his father had also been assigned). Then Ladder 33, Squad 41, then Rescue 3

John had worked Engine 96, Squad 2, Engine 75, Batt 19 aide, Lt Engine 68, and Capt Engine 23.
Thanks for your kind words Bill. Buffy is one of the best, I always enjoyed working with him. It was great for Nancy and myself to get a chance to have lunch with Madeline and John. Really good people.

Will D asked me to post this photo

This picture was taken in January, 2013

“A proud moment for father and son”.

Retired FDNY Captain John Bendick attends his sons Tommy Bendick promotion to FDNY Lt

Our Administrators of this website

A05BFE3C-626B-4D81-835C-4B400F1DC3A5.jpeg

Will D asked me to post this photo

This picture was taken in January, 2013

“A proud moment for father and son”.

Retired FDNY Captain John Bendick attends his sons Tommy Bendick promotion to FDNY Lt

Our Administrators of this website

View attachment 2712

Thank you once again Brad for posting another photo for me.

As a Firefighter, Tommy worked Engine 65 in Manhattan.

When promoted to Lt in January, 2013, as covering Lt he spent several months at Ladder 45 in Washington Hgts, Manhattan.

These days Tommy Bendick is assigned to Engine 66 in the Bronx. He is also involved in training at "The Rock", giving classes on computers and radios within the FDNY.

Lately, he has also been heavily involved in tuning up this new website to make it work for all of us.

Today is site member CFDMarshall's birthday. He is best known here as the Reverend or just Rev. So Happy Birthday Rev! Have a great day,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REVEREND.

Here's a special song for you sung by another one of Mr Frankie D's "fdce54" very special lady friends.

So here it is with many more Happy and Healthy Ones to come.

As our good friend Frank D says; "Reverend, this one's for you".

But Rev, if you listen closely, I think she does seem to be a little confused who she's singing it to

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4DRBEzDQqc

Last edited: