2/22/2021 Brooklyn 3rd Alarm Box 1083

With the 2 add Eng's for relief W/O a PWH I'm surprised the Disp. didn't hit a 4th!
And the dispatchers usually let chief know that......probably inexperienced dispatcher usually the ones with time on are machines dnt miss a beat.

And the dispatchers usually let chief know that......probably inexperienced dispatcher usually the ones with time on are machines dnt miss a beat.

I wouldn't go that far. It was only 15 mins between the S/C & PWH

( FDNY BOX 1083 - BROOKLYN ) - BRAND NEW 2021 FDNY PIERCE SITUATIONAL AWARENESS DRONE DEPLOYED AND TAKING FLIGHT T THE 3RD ALARM FIRE IN A AUTO BODY REPAIR SHOP ON EMPIRE BOULEVARD IN THE PROSPECT LEFFERTS GARDENS AREA OF BROOKLYN IN NEW YORK CITY.

FDNY dispatch protocol/policies are very hard to master a full understanding of without firsthand knowledge. Things often change and seemingly similar events(from an outside perspective) may warrant different responses. I think in this instance because they were called for relief the 4th wasn't transmitted. I've seen situations where special calling 2 engines for relief required next alarm transmission. I also remember the 6th alarm/10-87 on W. 29 in 2016 where it appeared units were gaining good ground and even went PWH, I left the scene walked around midtown for a little while and the fire had taken off big time, heavy volume of fire. 4 engine 2 ladder rescue & squad all in emergency mode were all special called and yet PWH was not rescinded and it never went to 7th alarm.

Sorry for the delay in reply - I was not able to log-in with my mobile: I remember a 2nd Alarm on 42nd Street in Manhattan many years ago, where the AC in charge kept special calling eng's & truck's over the 2nd and even on request of the Disp. the chief would not go to a 3rd. The fire was active for many hours and all the special calls where for actual fire fight duty, So thank you for your time & narrative.

Video from LOUDLABS NEWS NYC. It includes 3 clips from Citizen.com, the first clip starts during arrival of first alarm companies, and shows the hydrant across from auto shop that was blocked by a car. ?

Great positioning by 249- tucked in, bed to the fire and out of the way! Unfortunately the hydrant was bad.