News of Members

MEMBERS OF Nycfire.net, We Have Some Very SPECIAL NEWS For YOU.

As members of the site, YOU will be the first to hear it.

Our own "mikeindabronx", Mike Dick, who has been referred to as "Our Most Valuable Player" because of his OVER 25,000 post on here, is about to release a NEW Book.

As you might remember his last book, "New Yorks Bravest; Their Lives on the Line", written by both Mike and FDNY Lt Tom Barry (Ladder 42) was a huge sell out in 1987. Today, if you can find a "used copy", the price is increased ten fold.

Now I am here to tell you that both Mike and Retired Lt Barry will soon be coming out with a New Book called:
"Into the Smoke with New Yorks Bravest".
The book is hard cover and will soon be available through Fire Engineering Books.

You can get an introduction to it by going to the link:

https://fireengineeringbooks.com/general

Then go down the page and you will see it listed as "coming soon". Click on that and you will be able to read a few more details of this upcoming Collectors Book.

Mike, Thank you for sharing your photography skills of a very busy time within the FDNY and Thank you to Retired Lt Tom Barry for being willing to share the story of his FDNY Career with us too.

I don't know how the other guys here feel BUT I KNOW, this book purchase will certainly be a HIGH PRIORITY Purchase in my budget.

I'm sure looking forward to it.

Thanks Mike,
Uncle Wilfred
very cool news...congrats guys.

Today, June 2nd, we all celebrate one of our more senior members birthdays.

My friends of NYCFIRE, it is Mr Frankie D's, aka "fdce54", Birthday today.

Let's all wish the ole' man a very Happy Birthday and that he doesn't crash himself into those outside outhouses anymore like he did when he went for his Covid shot a few months ago.
Sad part is that he wasn't even drinking when that happen.

Anyway Mr Frankie D., this one's for you and hope you have a Great Happy Birthday with many more to come.

Willy D and the Boys from Nycfire.net

www.youtube.com/watch?v=laPhvAZ_2m4