Recent content by JohnnyGage

  1. JohnnyGage

    VINTAGE FDNY RIG PHOTOS.

    At E 88 we had a boss that refused to use the electric siren, a chirp barely and we had a few close calls...a couple of members took matter in their own hands, they got a wind-up (not a siren buff as you can see) mechanical from the shops as shown on E 83 above and mounted it under the front...
  2. JohnnyGage

    Mayday question

    The Mayday transmission is an indication that a life threatening situation has developed. This term is used **only** in the following situations: 1. Imminent collapse feared 2. Structural collapse has Occurred 3. A firefighter is Unconscious or suffers a life threatening injury 4. An officer...
  3. JohnnyGage

    Jersey City firehouse broken into

    read it yourself: https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/suspect-detained-after-attempted-break-jersey-city-firehouse-while-crews-battled-brush-fire#google_vignette
  4. JohnnyGage

    Jersey City firehouse broken into

    Break-in occured while company was out of quarters operating at a brush fire.
  5. JohnnyGage

    Never a dull moment, never an ordinary call

    His friends were high-fiving him after he was freed!
  6. JohnnyGage

    Television from a different time

    Oh, no....way off-ice cold.
  7. JohnnyGage

    Television from a different time

    Hot dogs, Armour Hot Dogs, what kind of kid eats Armour Hot Dogs?...
  8. 68881e721acd7a4337fa9d16a81e7924.jpg

    68881e721acd7a4337fa9d16a81e7924.jpg

  9. JohnnyGage

    Adds on the Website

    Bombarded to say the least, an add to the left of page, one to the right and one scrolls up from the bottom.
  10. JohnnyGage

    Looking back - do you remember

    Time marches on...
  11. x808007983_2111708282761481_2261132614109583248_n.jpeg

    x808007983_2111708282761481_2261132614109583248_n.jpeg

  12. JohnnyGage

    Scanning some old sides for Joe Sullivan

    Or Staten Island....
  13. JohnnyGage

    Scanning some old sides for Joe Sullivan

    I agree, I love this shot! Even though the lower resolution makes the letters and numbers a bit blurry, it doesn't take away from the photo. It perfectly captures the gritty feel of 1970s New York and the striking presence of Engine 73.
  14. JohnnyGage

    News of Members

  15. JohnnyGage

    News of Members

    I just read on another site that Chief Bob Manson has passed away. Bob and I used to write back and forth a few years ago, and I always valued our communication. He was a deeply insightful presence here, leaving behind many introspective and memorable posts. I know he had recently relocated from...
Back
Top