How will Congestion pricing affect FDNY/ NYPD members working in lower Manhattan

So the Probie with no hook living in Orange or Rockland County gets placed in a House in Division 1, pays upwards of $30 a tour in road tolls, Hudson River crossing toll and soon congestion toll. About $210 a month for 7 tours Wow. But if the same probie got assigned to Division 6 or 7. $15 a tour less and $5.00 less if taking the TZ. Next UFA and PBA contracts should include location differential pay for those assigned SO60.

So the Probie with no hook living in Orange or Rockland County gets placed in a House in Division 1, pays upwards of $30 a tour in road tolls, Hudson River crossing toll and soon congestion toll. About $210 a month for 7 tours Wow. But if the same probie got assigned to Division 6 or 7. $15 a tour less and $5.00 less if taking the TZ. Next UFA and PBA contracts should include location differential pay for those assigned SO60.

Heard this on NBC, I literally said bull. Can't the MTA just ya know. HANDLE BUSES AND TRAINS.

Correct and transfers will be gradual

How about the members already assigned plus NYPD, Nurses, Doctors, Teachers, small business’s etc. another cut in the death of a great city. Who would /could afford to work there.
Agreed I used the example of the probie because it has great impact on him and he has no say in the matter. Most other members can transfer out of SO60 area. And the impact of $210 per month is a hard impact to the probie versus a Deputy Chief (as a percentage of take home pay).

News report last night claimed a proposed $15.00 toll to enter Manhattan below 60 St.
That's just for sedans/SUVs. Anyone planning on catching a cab got to pay a extra 1.25 (which isn't that bad in my opinion). Uber, Lyft is 2.50. Box Trucks is 26 dollars. And stuff like Tractor Trailers (tbh who is tryna drive a tractor trailer through Midtown) is 36ish.

How about the members already assigned plus NYPD, Nurses, Doctors, Teachers, small business’s etc. another cut in the death of a great city. Who would /could afford to work there.
Adams and company could give two..I mean...could not care less or about the working folk like those mentioned above. Just $$$$ out of their pockets into the pockets somehow of those who know how to collect the dole from you and I.

I swear to God if NYC Transit didn't go on strike in '66 I have a feeling every City and State employee who worked below 60th would be out striking.

Heard this on NBC, I literally said bull. Can't the MTA just ya know. HANDLE BUSES AND TRAINS.
Hell No! I work as a bus operator in The Bronx, and they can't even take care of the equipment. They want to stick their claws into everyone's back to get their way when it comes to money. People are going to make a lot of noise with this B/S program. Firefighters should not have to pay $15.00 to get to work. If a bus catches fire or there is fire on the subway tracks, they don't call ghostbusters, they call the FDNY.

Hell No! I work as a bus operator in The Bronx, and they can't even take care of the equipment. They want to stick their claws into everyone's back to get their way when it comes to money. People are going to make a lot of noise with this B/S program. Firefighters should not have to pay $15.00 to get to work. If a bus catches fire or there is fire on the subway tracks, they don't call ghostbusters, they call the FDNY.
Thank you for your service with the MTA! If the MTA is that bad NJT is 10 times worse. I'm lucky as hell if I don't have to wait half a hour during rush hour on a week day (DO NOT GET MY A** STARTED ON THE 90)

"Anthony Russo", you got a tough job and you earn your pay too.

I feel that you come under the category of; "What would we do without you too".

That feeling is called the Taylor Law
Has the Taylor Law ever stopped the Transit Authority from going on strike? The LIRR went on strike twice in 4 months for Christ sakes. (the first was in late 1979, the second was 4-2-80. One day after the the TA went on strike.) Plus PATH went on strike in the Summer of '80. Though I'm not sure if PATH employees have to listen to the Taylor Law. Plain and simple, if the MTA wants money. Someone find em a better accountant. Cause the current one can't count.

Going to be interesting to see if the amount of transfer requests out of lower Manhattan are significant. My guess is not so much for senior members but maybe quite a few as the complete probation

Has the Taylor Law ever stopped the Transit Authority from going on strike? The LIRR went on strike twice in 4 months for Christ sakes. (the first was in late 1979, the second was 4-2-80. One day after the the TA went on strike.) Plus PATH went on strike in the Summer of '80. Though I'm not sure if PATH employees have to listen to the Taylor Law. Plain and simple, if the MTA wants money. Someone find em a better accountant. Cause the current one can't count.
The Transit Workers were fined a million dollars a day for the 1980 and 2005 strikes, a fine very few unions can support. The railroads i.e. LIRR, SIRR, Metro-North are exempt from the Taylor Law under Federal Railway Labor Act of 1926.

Or, just or. Tell PAPD to turn them around before them even make it to the Bridges and Tunnels.
Unfortunately they can’t as that would be a Federal Crime involving interference in Interstate travel. While it is painful for the members of FDNY and NYPD, this is what the residents of NYC continue to choose. They elect POS like AOC and they still embrace sanctuary city status and they still embrace right to shelter laws, and no bail, and on and on. They are self destructing a
Once great city.