12/5/20 Manhattan 6th Alarm Box 437

Gentlemen, regarding the "Fire Marshall/Arson Job", I can assure you that has already been addressed.

The Fire Marshalls will be the one's to determine the cause of this fire.

FC per Car-4A transmit a 6th Alarm for relief. The Fire is PWH. 4 Engines 3 Tower Ladder 2 have to be 95 foot. And additional fast truck and 2 BC they can not be ABCs @09:07

What are ABCs?

ABC’S are Captains detailed for a day or night tour to a Battalion to act as chief when a Battalion Chief is off and no surplus Chiefs are available. A captain will then be hired to fill the spot left open by the detail.

Ironically, while that fire was going on we had a four alarmer in Pittsburgh with three houses involved.

Attachments

• IMG_20201205_024300.jpg
    IMG_20201205_024300.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 18
The satellites were used much more often back in the 60's and 70's. While the Super pumper system was still fairly new, I guess the thinking was "if we got it, why not use it"

That intersection of Second Ave and Seventh St is a bit of a cursed intersection. The northwest corner of the intersection was the site of the gas explosion on March 26th 2015 that killed two and destroyed three apartment buildings. Now this fire on the southeast corner. I saw the apartment building was being demolished. Does anybody know what was decided to do with the church?

That intersection of Second Ave and Seventh St is a bit of a cursed intersection. The northwest corner of the intersection was the site of the gas explosion on March 26th 2015 that killed two and destroyed three apartment buildings. Now this fire on the southeast corner. I saw the apartment building was being demolished. Does anybody know what was decided to do with the church?

I read that the church is fundraising to rebuild, but I don't know if there is going to be much left of the structure that can be salvaged. I'm very thankful that there were no serious injuries in this fire, but as a stained glass artist and restoration technician, the loss of the Tiffany windows in the church saddens me.

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos
I read that the church is fundraising to rebuild, but I don't know if there is going to be much left of the structure that can be salvaged. I'm very thankful that there were no serious injuries in this fire, but as a stained glass artist and restoration technician, the loss of the Tiffany windows in the church saddens me.
They are keeping the Facade of the church, it seems pretty sturdy. Everything else is being painstakingly torn down as to not damage the remaining facade. Spent 5 hours down there today.