130 OLD RIGS.

Thanks for the video Chief......The owner sure gets around ...Last year I was upstate and my wifes friend suggested we go to the Orange County Fair...There was a large building with numerous older fire trucks on display.....The gentleman in the video was the same guy I spoke with for about an hour or so....He said he had alot more trucks for display.....He had alot of old fdny units ......

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Keep an eye out, they do an open house once a year.  Didn't even see half the rigs the day I went.  Was just a very hot day to be walking around when we went up.

Hope to go next year and see the ones I missed

Contact info and directions would be nice. That would be worth a special trip! Thanks chief!

Yes, and the other part is in California (don't know about the satellites).

truck4

Administrator
The Catskill Firecats Event, which is an open house at the site, is held every summer. The date is listed every year in our Events Listings and is announced by early spring.

It's on Route 302 off of Route 17 in Circleville(Orange County). If you are coming westbound on 17 from Middletown it's Exit 119 on 17. Get off the exit, make a left, and it's about a half mile down the road on the right past the gas station. There's at least two Ex-FDNY rigs there. A 1983 Mack CF which belonged to the Kent Cliffs F.D. after it served in the city, and an ALF that belonged to Aviation after the city had it. There's a lot of interesting stuff in there. I've seen a few tillers, snorkels, a WLF Firebrand, a really nicely painted Mack CF from Ellenville, NY that somehow got its front bumper bashed in. There's also a Mack C model(Ex-E305) that I think is owned by a former dispatcher. The big positive is there's a lot of stuff to look at. The big drawback is that the rigs are stored and not really displayed like a museum, so it is difficult to take pictures.

...and their annual "open house" is usually during the worst of the summer heat, so it's not that conducive to an anjoyable tour of the premises and all the rigs.

That Mack also belonged to Kent FD(Putnam County) for a few years back in the late 90's.

Nice Collection,  Andy has two rigs in there I have driven and Tilled.  a 55 Maxim and an 82 Maxim that was an old Richmond, Va. tiller that was a rocket ship,  truck was dangerous fast.