3/25/10 10-77 Box 628

B

Bigandy

Box 628 1st Ave at East 24th Street

Address: 319 East 24th Street

Fire is on the 6th floor of a 24 Story Multiple Dwelling.

A is the evacuation stairwell. B is the attack stairwell.

Exposures:
1) Courtyard
2) Courtyard
3) Unknown
4) Courtyard

(Unsure of the whole rundown)
Battalion 6
Engine 8
Ladder 24
Engine 5
Battalion 8 Safety Officer
Engine 21-CFR Engine
Ladder 12
Safety battalion
Engine 8-Hi-Rise Nozzle
Field Comm
Division #1

Per Division 1, all 10-77 units to report directly in front of fire building.

Fire in 6G has been knocked down. Still Doubtful.
15:00 All visible fire knocked down. Primary/Secondary searches in fire apartment and fire floor are complete and negative, except for the (1) 10-45 No Code. Primaries/Secondaries, on the floors above are still underway.
15:06 Primary searches on floor above negative. Primaries in both stairwells are negative.
15:07 Rescue Battalion and Safety Battalion can go 10-8.
15:16 Rescue 1 10-8
15:17 All primaries and secondaries in all areas of fire building negative. Going under control at this time. The 10-45 is a Code 3 (Yellow Tag)
15:25 Additional 10-45 Code 4 being treated by EMS. Primaries and Secondaries in elevator negative.

Some relocations:
Battalion 35 relocated to Battalion 6
Battalion 49 relocated to Battalion 8
Engine 292 relocated to Engine 8
Ladder 136 relocated to Ladder 24
Engine 10 relocated to Engine 5

Walked by the fire building on the way home, this is one of the few really misleading streets in Manhattan; the middle of the street (where this building is) is all sidewalk and is closed to traffic, with the two dead ends often filled with double-parked cars blocking the hydrants.  Looks like they actually took out the endposts on either dead end to set up in front of the fire building or get lines stretched.

B

Bigandy

I'm sure he meant Engine 16 and Ladder 7. They are normally first due on this box. I'd rather someone get an ex chief run-down, rather than me guess who was in there. BFD I think you mixed those up boss-man.