4/23/21. NEW SEAGRAVE TOWER LADDERS

Oh, but not a "tower" with a bucket, l think that's what Lebby was referring to. Somewhere on this site l believe someone posted a photo and or article of an actual tiller tower, with a bucket at the end of the tower.
Ah, very good point. Never heard of a TDA w/ a bucket, and initial googling doesn't seem to bring up any hits. But sounds super cool! If I manage to find a lead, I'll post it.

EDIT: Found this although it's pretty hard to see the actual bucket...

Last edited:
Ah, very good point. Never heard of a TDA w/ a bucket, and initial googling doesn't seem to bring up any hits. But sounds super cool! If I manage to find a lead, I'll post it.

Cool, it looks like the very article l was referring to, but glad you found it... Pretty crazy, the bucket is also the tillermans cab, and it inverts when used as the tower bucket.

Woah that's me haha, forgot I had uploaded that a while back for a post on a different website. Did a bit of searching myself and that was the best I could find at the time. I heard rumors that it was possibly donated to a fire college somewhere and might still exist, but who knows. Sutphen is local though, in fact they have a location next door to the Admin building for the department I'll be (assuming my medical exam goes well) starting my career with next month. Maybe I'll stop by and see if anyone knows anything or has any better pictures.

Woah that's me haha, forgot I had uploaded that a while back for a post on a different website. Did a bit of searching myself and that was the best I could find at the time. I heard rumors that it was possibly donated to a fire college somewhere and might still exist, but who knows. Sutphen is local though, in fact they have a location next door to the Admin building for the department I'll be (assuming my medical exam goes well) starting my career with next month. Maybe I'll stop by and see if anyone knows anything or has any better pictures.
I believe it was donated to Eastern Kentucky University???

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what model deck gun/master stream appliance the TLs use in the bucket? I know it's manual but that's about it. I'm guessing it's made by Stang just because I've heard some old timers refer to it as "da Stang gun" but maybe that's like saying Kleenex for all tissues. Also, specifically, who makes that C-shaped handle (I think some people call it a tiller stick?). Just curious 'cuz we're replacing a TL soon and I'm trying to make sure we don't wind up with a fully automated model that comes with wifi, bluetooth, 350 channels, and a built-in microwave/coffee maker. Thanks!

Old timers refer to old time things-like Stangs. The 2020 specs call for an Akron Brass 3432-FDNY. It comes with the tiller.