4/3/19 Brooklyn 6th Alarm 10-66 Box 1475

https://youtu.be/lLZvYPfHJmE

( FDNY BOX 1475 - BROOKLYN )  -  FDNY BATTLING A MAJOR 10-66 6TH ALARM FIRE IN A MULTIPLE DWELLING ON 44TH STREET IN THE SUNSET PARK AREA OF BROOKLYN IN NEW YORK CITY.

VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS & VIDEOS....  https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=pnylXIGfMe-v_Qbw14KgCw&q=fire+in+sunset+park+bklyn+today&btnK=Google+Search&oq=fire+in+sunset+park+bklyn+today&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i13.3431.14901..19598...0.0..0.98.2026.31......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0j0i10j0i3j0i324j0i22i30j38.5IXBUy6F5IM

l'm only a few minutes into the Majestiriums video... wondering what that water spray at ground level is? 

Listening to the chief address the press questions. I couldn?t hear the reporters question but the chief replied saying they are looking into whether a smoke explosion or CO explosion occurred on the top floor.

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/23-injured-after-6-alarm-fire-breaks-out-inside-brooklyn-apartment-building

sydney1 said:
Nasibova said:
l'm only a few minutes into the Majestiriums video... wondering what that water spray at ground level is?
Looks like a burst hose.

i know, and he might mention it at around the 15 minute point, but l'm wondering why if it is a burst hose, why they wouldn't have shut it down, and if it's a wind blown  monitor or hose line stream on the ground in use, it's obviously useless other than showering the area, worthless on the fire.

Nasibova said:
sydney1 said:
Nasibova said:
Looks like a burst hose.

i know, and he might mention it at around the 15 minute point, but l'm wondering why if it is a burst hose, why they wouldn't have shut it down, and if it's a wind blown  monitor or hose line stream on the ground in use, it's obviously useless other than showering the area, worthless on the fire.
The hose could be supplying a critical part of the firefighting operation. You could have crews inside working off that water and they can't lose it for even a second. If they were to withdraw the members, shut the line down and swap it out, the fire is then going to grow unchecked for that whole period of time. If it's not a crazy burst and the line is still usable, sometimes it's better to simply keep it operating until either more lines are put in place or the fire is in a more controlled state.

Apparently some sort of explosion occurred at that time on the top floor leading to chaos & multiple Mayday calls. Command ordered all members to clear the upper floors & prepare for a roll call.

At one point fire had dropped as low as the 3rd floor.

The hose could be supplying a critical part of the firefighting operation.  If it's not a crazy burst and the line is still usable, sometimes it's better to simply keep it operating until either more lines are put in place or the fire is in a more controlled state.''

I did think of that and it makes sense.

UnitWithTheUrgent said:
Apparently some sort of explosion occurred at that time on the top floor leading to chaos & multiple Mayday calls. Command ordered all members to clear the upper floors & prepare for a roll call.

At one point fire had dropped as low as the 3rd floor.

Thanks very much, I was not aware of any type of explosion.

Can anyone confirm whether a 2nd Deputy was assigned on the 10-66? I know a 10-66 usually brings a 2nd DC, I would think D-8 is the 2nd due DC on this box but they were obviously not assigned.

Also I was wondering how 207 was sent into the 6th, I thought they are not going as an engine past 3rd due.

Frank Raffa's site says that a 2nd Deputy is assigned on a 10-66, but the FDNY Fire Wire says no 2nd Fire Deputy, but adds an EMS Deputy.  Anyone know for sure?

HCO

10-66 EMS: 2 Deputy Chiefs, 1 Division Chief; 10-66 Fire: 2 Battalion Chiefs (not ABC).

10-66 Missing, lost, trapped, or seriously injured member requiring extrication (Increases response by transmission of the next higher alarm, 1 additional deputy chief, 2 battalion chiefs, the collapse unit from the borough of incident, a collapse rescue task force, an additional squad, a SOC Support ladder, a FAST unit, a CFR-D engine, SOC Logistics support van, SOC Compressor truck, SOC Dewatering unit, Public Information officer, EMS division captain, EMS Haz-Tac officer, a BLS ambulance, an ALS ambulance, an EMS Rescue Paramedic ambulance, OMA response physician and a medical officer.) If the cause of the 10-66 is due to a collapse, a signal 10-60 also must be transmitted.

Another fire that justifies in the belief of guardian angels and St. Florian.