56 New Dodge RAM Ambulances

FDNY to get 56 Ambulances from Wheeled Coach on Dodge Ram 4500 chassis:  http://www.modelfiretrucks.net/smf/index.php?topic=12372.msg98565#new

Im excited for these. It will be interesting to see, there arent many dodge ambulances out there. And that four door cab will be VERY interesting, hopefully in a good way, but im kind of thinking differently.

kfd274 said:
Why would they need a four door cab?
  Maybe Bloomberg wants to generate some revenue by using them as "NYC/MTA" buses when they're not running on emergency calls ;) ;D ;D ;D

Here is a Wheeled Coach Dodge Ram - not four doors through:

http://www.wheeledcoach.com/pdf_files/firemedic_type1_dodge.pdf

This is the Dodge 4500 four door chasis:

http://www.dodge.com/hostc/vsmc/vehicleSpecModels.do?modelYearCode=CUD200917

Look at the prices before they add the expensive part!!!!!!

guitarman314 said:
kfd274 said:
  Maybe Bloomberg wants to generate some revenue by using them as "NYC/MTA" buses when they're not running on emergency calls ;) ;D ;D ;D

Okay G'Man get your Metro Card ready!!!!!!!

What is the protocol for transporting a family member in the ambulance?  In many areas  a family member can accompany the patient in the treatment area.  Perhaps the four door vehicle is designed to transport family members.  Is this an issue in NYC?

guitarman314 said:
kfd274 said:

G'Man - now you have me thinking...........  buses????    When FDNY calls for an ambulance, they refer to it as a bus. Umm!!

S

SFD RS1 N RS2

Oh boy what are you guys and girls gonna think of next ::) ::), theirs more you can do with a four door as opposed to a 2 door like heated or  cooled medical cabinets, etc.  The four door doesn't have to be just for family transport you guys need to look outside the box :D
;D ;D

Bulldog

Bulldog
SFD RS1 N RS2 said:
Oh boy what are you guys and girls gonna think of next ::) ::), theirs more you can do with a four door as opposed to a 2 door like heated or  cooled medical cabinets, etc.  The four door doesn't have to be just for family transport you guys need to look outside the box :D
;D ;D
It makes no sense to have medical cabinets that are not in the box and readily available for patient treatment.  Using the four door cab for that makes no sense.

Bulldog said:
SFD RS1 N RS2 said:
;D ;D
It makes no sense to have medical cabinets that are not in the box and readily available for patient treatment.  Using the four door cab for that makes no sense.
Yes, and the "boxes" are heated

I have never worked in a 4dr ambulance before, but would come in handy when have a ride-a-long, medic/EMT student, nursing/MD student but other than that can't think of when would be useful. Agree can't keep equipment in cab, today's day with biohazards and bloodborn pathogens wouldn't be allowed.

S

SFD RS1 N RS2

Why don't you go to odysey emergency vehicles and go into the options section, click on cabinetry products.  There you will find what I was referring to.  I never said that they were going to do this, just an option that is out there and a possibility.  Nobody knows what these new busses are going to look like yet.  :-\ :-\ So just calm down gentlemen, ladies

when will these be delivered? because i cant wait to see them. and  this brings up an interesting question, what made fdny switch to dodge?

mercurygrandmarquis1 said:
when will these be delivered? because i cant wait to see them. and  this brings up an interesting question, what made fdny switch to dodge?

Ford doesn't offer diesel engines any more.

raybrag said:
mercurygrandmarquis1 said:

Ford doesn't offer diesel engines any more.

Raybrag, are you sure Ford isn't offering diesels on F series.  I though that its was only on SUVs.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Any word on what's happening with the new ambulances?  They were supposed to take delivery of 56 of them in a first year and we haven't seen any of them yet.  Even if by first year they mean calendar year 2010 time is starting to be short.