56 New Dodge RAM Ambulances

I think ford is effing them selves now, no more crown vics, no more diesel engines from ford.

Anyone have information on the  new Dodge Ram ambulances??? 

They should be well underway, and some ready for delivery.

Interesting to see that these will be the first rigs with the blue rear facing lights for the FDNY. I also see what looks like strobes in the top corners of the box.

Any idea on how the numbering for the units will work. Are they expanding to the fleet or replacing the few 2001-2002 units still remaining in the fleet.

Just wanted to add some humor to this topic. I think EVERYONE had valid points. Thanx for the kudos about my son, he is coming here tomorrow. I will show him all the posts about him, I am sure he will be amazed about the reaction. :)

The lights are actually purple with pop-up pink rotators on the roof and orange underside neons.  There's also a hidden button in the lightbar control panel that ejects anyone riding in the rear seats.  This button also turns on the fluorescent green rotators hidden in the front grill.

Thought it was the perfect time to bring up the lights!

catry said:
The lights are actually purple with pop-up pink rotators on the roof and orange underside neons.  There's also a hidden button in the lightbar control panel that ejects anyone riding in the rear seats.  This button also turns on the fluorescent green rotators hidden in the front grill.

I think that is pretty much everything, except the interior disco lighting!