RRV 27 with Engine 96
RRV 45 with Engine 62
RRV 77 with Engine 153
RRV 126 with Engine 303
RRV 136 with Engine 287
RRV 146 with Engine 229
RRV 170 with Engine 257

RRV's may be moved around for better CFR coverage if needed

Safety Battlaion 2 at Engine 83 (Covering Division 3,6,7 and 14)

Safety Battalion 1 stays at Brooklyn Navy Yard (Covering Division 1,8,11,13,15)

RAC 6 at Ladder 20

Thanks Brad, "signal73".

I'm glad to hear that the FDNY will have this extra staffing. We are being told that these days will be the hottest and most humid we have had since July, 2012 (7 years ago).

For Uncle Wilfred - the 10-51 is in effect. I must admit, it was only a few months ago when I was telling a couple of members here how I can't wait for summer weather to get here. Well friends, it's here in full force.

I know that the city has opened numerous cooling centers. To find the nearest one, people can call "311". Other cities throughout the Tri State area have opened cooling centers as well. I hope that the elderly and those with breathing problems can get transportation to them if needed.

I am glad to see that an additional RAC Unit is manned for the FDNY. I'm sure they will get a workout this weekend, as well as those RRVs.

I hope the members of the NYPD, EMS, and other members of the cities vital services, plus Con Ed etc are well cared for too. 

Additionally all the MERVs and LSUs were placed in service. Shortly after MERV 4 caught on fire.

nfd2004 said:
Thanks Brad, "signal73".

I'm glad to hear that the FDNY will have this extra staffing. We are being told that these days will be the hottest and most humid we have had since July, 2012 (7 years ago).

For Uncle Wilfred - the 10-51 is in effect. I must admit, it was only a few months ago when I was telling a couple of members here how I can't wait for summer weather to get here. Well friends, it's here in full force.

I know that the city has opened numerous cooling centers. To find the nearest one, people can call "311". Other cities throughout the Tri State area have opened cooling centers as well. I hope that the elderly and those with breathing problems can get transportation to them if needed.

I am glad to see that an additional RAC Unit is manned for the FDNY. I'm sure they will get a workout this weekend, as well as those RRVs.

I hope the members of the NYPD, EMS, and other members of the cities vital services, plus Con Ed etc are well cared for too.

Its not extra ?staffing?.

Its actually less.

These incidents are supposed to be handled by more than two firefighters and a boss. Especially stuck occupied elevators.

The fifth man needs to be employed on all engine companies during the heat wave.

So the RRV's are not staffed with OT members?

I don't think they are taking Members off the Engine or Truck in order to staff them

nfd2004 said:

Another group of workers who must deal with the heat is our U.S. Letter Carriers who are out there, particularly residential areas, walking, carrying that heavy mail bag.

I can relate to that myself going way back to the 1970s. I remember how great it was when somebody came out and asked me if I wanted a glass of ice water. At the time, that cool, refreshing glass of water, was better than winning the mega millions today. So if your letter carrier is out there today, carrying around that bag, a glass of cool water really does wonders.

Well, lets take you back to those days when a guy known as NFD2004, was nationally famous as one of the thousands of letter carriers out there carrying the mail bag and delivering the mail. 

Some of you here know him. You probably don't recognize him today because he was a slim 185 lbs back then in 1973.

https://www.mysticstamp.com/Products/United-States/1497/USA

twoteamtease said:
nfd2004 said:
Thanks Brad, "signal73".

Its actually less.

These incidents are supposed to be handled by more than two firefighters and a boss. Especially stuck occupied elevators.

The fifth man needs to be employed on all engine companies during the heat wave.

But they?re not going on elevators.  Just Ems runs...  and if they are operating on an Ems run, and another comes in the engine will go to that.    The 5th man should be citywide, not just during this heatwave but all the time, but that?s neither here nor there with regards to the rrv?s.    They were activated to help deal with the increase  of Ems runs that they are expecting over the weekend

JA290 said:
twoteamtease said:
nfd2004 said:
Thanks Brad, "signal73".

Its actually less.

But they?re not going on elevators.  Just Ems runs...  and if they are operating on an Ems run, and another comes in the engine will go to that.    The 5th man should be citywide, not just during this heatwave but all the time, but that?s neither here nor there with regards to the rrv?s.    They were activated to help deal with the increase  of Ems runs that they are expecting over the weekend

Theyre going on EMS runs as ?first priority? and emergencies (which include stuck elevators) as ?second priority?.

Thas what the buckslip from operations says.

Got it thanks.

Glad to hear theyre sticking to ems responses.

Just was going by the email I received from operations which said otherwise.