7/26/2023 Manhattan 5th Alarm Box 0782

All of this over 40 gallons of diesel fuel. Are we going to hear about the crane inspectors again? Noted that chief's car bailing out of the collapse zone in the video. Hope it wasn't the Safety Battalion.
Or were they just arriving on scene, more apparatus behind him in motion too l think.

Curious as to why they didn't transmit a 10-60 when that large portion of the crane came down also striking the building across the street? The past few crane incidents I can remember in Manhattan had transmitted 10-60’s?
10-60 was transmitted... Just wasn't said on radio only Division 3 said have Major Matrix Respond...

Last edited:
10-60 was transmitted... Just wasn't said on radio only Division 3 said have Major Matrix Respond...
Wha? Can you clarify? As you know the major matrix and the 10-60 aren't the same thing. I was listening for most of the incident and didn't hear any mention of a 10-60. Are you saying it was transmitted by phone or something? Even then it would be very odd to not hear it mentioned on the air

Wha? Can you clarify? As you know the major matrix and the 10-60 aren't the same thing. I was listening for most of the incident and didn't hear any mention of a 10-60. Are you saying it was transmitted by phone or something? Even then it would be very odd to not hear it mentioned on the air
As per High Source it was transmitted...

All of this over 40 gallons of diesel fuel. Are we going to hear about the crane inspectors again? Noted that chief's car bailing out of the collapse zone in the video. Hope it wasn't the Safety Battalion.
It was approximately 1 gallon of gasoline that Resulted in the Happy Land Social Club Tragedy . But you are correct, Mayor Adams will directly that all cranes be immediately inspected. And yes some very lucky members and civilian’s narrowly avoiding falling debris and more

Under Control 11:45

Relief
E-221
L-34
B-52
SB-2
MCC-1
Car-16G(SFAD of Field Comm. Unit)

MCC-1 10-84 @13:34

Relief @15:30
E-
L-
B-11

Relocations:
Battalion 19 Act. Battalion 7
Battalion 32 Act. Battalion 9

Last edited:
It seems like it was transmitted either with or after the request for major matrix, as indicated by the 2nd squad on 2nd alm. 2nd squad gets assigned on the 10-60 not the major matrix.

What's with the tower ladder dousing the concrete mixer truck? l have no audio on my device, so if it's mentioned in the video l can't hear it.