E326 was organized on W 8th St on 8/16/1939 and was disbanded on 10/1/1952 and reorganized as Engine 251 in Queens.Old Engine 244 firehouse on W 15th Street - disbanded 1968 just in time for the War Years and CI fires. This was an old BFD firehouse (E 44 BFD)
View attachment 14446
View attachment 14449
View attachment 14450
Old quarters for E 245, E 326, L 161, B 43 - old volunteer FH to left was original quarters of E 245 - current W 8th Street firehouse built on site in 1971 (E 245 relocated to E 318, E 326 was disbanded, L 161 relocated to empty fire house of disbanded Engine 244, B 43 relocated to E 246 while current firehouse was built 1968-1971.
View attachment 14447
View attachment 14448
CI used to have 4 engines, 1 H&L, 1 battalion chief.