75' Tower Ladders

vbcapt said:
Just like these new chevron decals NFPA wants on the back of the rigs. There's already multiple warning lights, amber traffic bars, traffic cones, flares, multiple Fire/EMS Police units on scene and guess what, they still run into us. It's called not paying attention not whether you have 10 lights or 15 .

Thank you.  Well said.  N.F.P.A. stands for Not For Practical Application.  That stuff is written by someone who is so far from the street or the fire floor for that matter.  They get hung up on endlessly evolving regulations that make an attempt to make-up for a lack of common sense.  It fails at that, nothing can make up for a lack of common sense.  All it really does is force municipalities to spend more money.

Boston went to the lime/slime color, but this was the mayor's wife she liked the color. What a moronic bitch!! I know FDNY had one line ALF Engine (65) and 10 Mack CF's. Curious, why no RM, TL. TDA, Rescue? If you want to see how the color works why not use it on the busy companies, AKA the Rescues? I know the guys would have gone nuts, just a question. Ironically when my son did CFR in Iraq I beleive they ran USA Red/white rigs at Al-Asad, put a fire under his butt, he will post.

NFPA has outlasted its usefullness. In much earlier times they did some great things. Now, they just keep inventing ridiculous standards just for self-preservation.

grumpy grizzly said:
Boston went to the lime/slime color, but this was the mayor's wife she liked the color. What a moronic bitch!! I know FDNY had one line ALF Engine (65) and 10 Mack CF's. Curious, why no RM, TL. TDA, Rescue? If you want to see how the color works why not use it on the busy companies, AKA the Rescues? I know the guys would have gone nuts, just a question. Ironically when my son did CFR in Iraq I beleive they ran USA Red/white rigs at Al-Asad, put a fire under his butt, he will post.

No rig in the FDNY spends more time on the road then an engine.  I'm sure this is the reason.  The rescues might go to every fire in the boro to which they're assigned, but they don't run a lot.  If that's how you define busy, then engines are the perfect test bed.

And in reply to the most recent post, you're correct, NFPA is only a mechanism for self preservation as they have out lived their usefulness. 

Bulldog

Bulldog
vbcapt said:
NFPA has outlasted its usefullness. In much earlier times they did some great things. Now, they just keep inventing ridiculous standards just for self-preservation.
Probably one of the reasons that FDNY doesn't always follow NFPA standards.  Chevrons are one obvious example!  Can you imagine what the new rescues would look like with them?

Those 1981 Lime Macks were tested on some busy engine companies of that time like E41, 42, 45, 46, 58, 85, 94, 236 & 277.

MP1234 said:
L159 has recieved their new rig

This is the last of the original order of 22 units.  An add-on order for 8 units was placed earlier.  That would bring the Marauder II 75" towers to 30. 

Does anyone know off hand how many 75, towers and in the fleet?

Dont have any info! But they should be going to ladders 157, 87, 18, 1, 33, 111, 131, and 170.

9/25/2011

I was travelling south on NJ Tpke early this AM, heading to Philly for the Eagles/Giants game.

Around Exit 10, I saw TL 22 travelling south with a single driver. 

Anyone know what might be going on?  I am guessing its going to Seagrave dealer  8) 

kfd274 said:
9/25/2011

I was travelling south on NJ Tpke early this AM, heading to Philly for the Eagles/Giants game.

Around Exit 10, I saw TL 22 travelling south with a single driver. 

Anyone know what might be going on?  I am guessing its going to Seagrave dealer  8)
Would make sense. Route 18 is exit 9 on the turnpike, which is the closest exit to the Seagrave dealer. They are a mile south on Edgeboro road.

TL 86

http://www.seagrave.com/index.cfm?display=prod_recentDeliveries_detail&id=650&maxShow=15contentid=46&sectionID=3&chassis=

kfd274 said:
TL 86

http://www.seagrave.com/index.cfm?display=prod_recentDeliveries_detail&id=650&maxShow=15contentid=46&sectionID=3&chassis=
Old photo, TL86 has been running with their new Seagrave for a couple of months. They were 1st due at the S.I. 3rd alarmer this week.

guitarman314 said:
kfd274 said:
TL 86

Old photo, TL86 has been running with their new Seagrave for a couple of months. They were 1st due at the S.I. 3rd alarmer this week.

I was about to say, I think it's been delivered already.

FDNY150 said:
guitarman314 said:
kfd274 said:
TL 86

I was about to say, I think it's been delivered already.
I'd have to say it's been more than just a couple of months. I think 86 got theirs in either the spring or early parts of the summer.

When i saw it for the first time back in June it had already been in service for a few weeks. Where these originally speced with the blue light to the rear or was that installed after delivery?