8000gpm industrial pumper

After I retired from the FDNY, I worked for a large Pierce dealership for several years. I was not at all impressed with the quality of their product. A relative of mine is a firefighter in a department that is 100% Pierce. They have constant maintenance issues. One recently purchased piece (cost over 1 mil) had serious engineering issues before it was ever placed into service. It caused it to be damaged while the manufacturer was training the department members. He said most of the members (himself included) liked the old E One they recently sold far more than the Pierce equipment.

E-One built both of the industrial rigs that I was a part of at Jack Daniels Distillery. Pierce built the new rig. It was EOne early because they were exclusive with Williams Fire Control products. Now EOne, Ferrara and KME are all owned by REV Group.

CFDMarshal said:
E-One built both of the industrial rigs that I was a part of at Jack Daniels Distillery. Pierce built the new rig. It was EOne early because they were exclusive with Williams Fire Control products. Now EOne, Ferrara and KME are all owned by REV Group.

What effect has that ownership change had upon quality? 

jks19714 said:

check  out  the  time  of  your  post ....
Posted by: jks19714
? on: Today at 05:55:55 PM ?

Bulldog

Bulldog
jks19714 said:
The fact that FDNY pulled the contract for new engine companies from KME says a lot about what's happening at KME. I would be surprised if the same problems soon overtake Ferrara. Probably not purely a quality issue but certainly says a lot about the management structure of the REV Group.

BCR

Bulldog said:
jks19714 said:
The fact that FDNY pulled the contract for new engine companies from KME says a lot about what's happening at KME. I would be surprised if the same problems soon overtake Ferrara. Probably not purely a quality issue but certainly says a lot about the management structure of the REV Group.

Quality had nothing to do with why the contract was pulled. It was a delivery timeline issue. KME refused to push other clients orders back to get FDNY units delivered quicker. Think of the REV group like General Motors. Chevy, GMC, Cadillac, Buick etc. are all separate Company?s who operate independently.

Sure makes you wonder how a delivery timeline issue caused the cancellation of contract for over 90 pumpers. The FDNY contract was for millions of dollars and yes I don?t think other cities or clients should be pushed aside but the success of the original order and knowing that the seagrave units form 08,09 and 10 would be up for replacement and winning contract you think planning would have allowed timetable to be in place for delivery.

mac8146 said:
Sure makes you wonder how a delivery timeline issue caused the cancellation of contract for over 90 pumpers. The FDNY contract was for millions of dollars and yes I don?t think other cities or clients should be pushed aside but the success of the original order and knowing that the seagrave units form 08,09 and 10 would be up for replacement and winning contract you think planning would have allowed timetable to be in place for delivery.

Or maybe they didn't really have the capacity to fill that order even though they thought they could bluff their way through it? 

Bulldog said:
That doesn't really prove that FDNY is going to get one, it's just somebody else's statement without any factual information to back it up. Until we see a copy of a specification or better yet a purchase order it's just a rumor."

https://postimg.cc/CdLmjQbF?fbclid=IwAR1a9WPBM-oExvTgeRB-0idNpO-Fd6nmzvOirki8x9RIYgttcf9_A7Z-2tA