9/11 Anniversary Never Forget

Good Morning All ,

I did not see much traffic Today on this most Tragic of Events in our Country. Please let us Never Forget what occurred This Day 16 Years ago. Never Forget the Families , Children , Fathers and Mothers . Never forget the sacrifices made This Day. As you remember where you were that Day , Pray for the blessing of making it home. Pray for those we all knew and lost. I have to stop here as I cannot finish another sentence.   

"tperez102", WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN and We NEVER Will.

It was "AMERICAS WORST DAY". In addition to the World Trade Center in NYC, our nations "U.S. Pentagon" was attacked as well. Also the large jetliner, believed to be headed for the "White House", that crashed in a field in Shanksville, Pa.

We HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN the thousands of individual stories that affected so many individual lives.

We HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN the 161 FDNY Members who have since passed on from the WTC cancer that claimed their lives. Or the roughly 1,700 FDNY members who suffer today as a result of working that WTC site. Along with the members of the NYPD and other Rescue Personnel.

We HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN the thousands of heros who saved lives on that day at that those WTC Towers, The U.S. Pentagon, and the effort done by those innocent people on the Airliner headed for the "White House".

We HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN the many civilians as well who also suffered from the dust caused by those Two WTC Towers coming down. One such civilian whose picture appeared in newspapers across the country, as she was covered in that WTC dust. She too recently passed away as a result of this tragic day. She became known simply as; "The Dust Lady". 

We HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN the thousands of Military Members who were quickly put into action to protect all of us from additional attacks. Or those who went to war for our country following those attacks.

The events of September 11, 2001 changed the way we live today as Americans. Some of us watched this on live television as each attack took place. Some people quickly went to the aid the best they could by donating their own blood. EVERY FDNY and NYPD member was ordered to report back to work, leaving their families and loved one's. Wondering what would happen next. Many stayed working at that WTC site, attending funerals of their 343 Brothers, or covering in the firehouses, without going home to see their families for sometimes weeks at a time.

A few days after this Attack, then President Bush made a visit to that World Trade Center site. This is the story he tells as he remembered that day back 16 years ago.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCsPVYc59ao

I'm sure we are all reflecting on the events of 9/11/2001 in our own ways. Collectively we all must strive to keep the memory alive and never allow that day to be forgotten or history to be rewritten.
Continued Rest in Peace for those lost that day, especially our 343 brothers and those we continue to lose. Continued thoughts and prayers for their families at home and on the job.

mack

Administrator
nfd2004 said:
"tperez102", WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN and We NEVER Will.

It was "AMERICAS WORST DAY". In addition to the World Trade Center in NYC, our nations "U.S. Pentagon" was attacked as well. Also the large jetliner, believed to be headed for the "White House", that crashed in a field in Shanksville, Pa.

We HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN the thousands of individual stories that affected so many individual lives.

We HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN the 161 FDNY Members who have since passed on from the WTC cancer that claimed their lives. Or the roughly 1,700 FDNY members who suffer today as a result of working that WTC site. Along with the members of the NYPD and other Rescue Personnel.

We HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN the thousands of heros who saved lives on that day at that those WTC Towers, The U.S. Pentagon, and the effort done by those innocent people on the Airliner headed for the "White House".

We HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN the many civilians as well who also suffered from the dust caused by those Two WTC Towers coming down. One such civilian whose picture appeared in newspapers across the country, as she was covered in that WTC dust. She too recently passed away as a result of this tragic day. She became known simply as; "The Dust Lady". 

We HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN the thousands of Military Members who were quickly put into action to protect all of us from additional attacks. Or those who went to war for our country following those attacks.

The events of September 11, 2001 changed the way we live today as Americans. Some of us watched this on live television as each attack took place. Some people quickly went to the aid the best they could by donating their own blood. EVERY FDNY and NYPD member was ordered to report back to work, leaving their families and loved one's. Wondering what would happen next. Many stayed working at that WTC site, attending funerals of their 343 Brothers, or covering in the firehouses, without going home to see their families for sometimes weeks at a time.

A few days after this Attack, then President Bush made a visit to that World Trade Center site. This is the story he tells as he remembered that day back 16 years ago.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCsPVYc59ao

Thank you Bill,. Thank you TPerez.  9-11 changed our lives and changed our world.  We will never forget all who were lost and injured and all who responded to help.  Never forget.

Years ago, I worked Security at the Construction Site for the World Financial Center. The Assignment was Counter-Terror/
Site Defense, 12 - Hour Night Tours. I used to tell my friends: 'Long Night, Quiet, just me & The Towers all night.'

After that I left NYC for Binghamton, where I served as an EMT- Crew Chief for an Emergency Ambulance Sqd. also
working in Binghamton General Hospital ER.
I had occasion to be in The City 9/10/01, my first visit back in several years. A Binghamton - Friend (from NYC), had been diagnosed w/ Esophageal CA., and we went to Sloan Kettering for the Official/Final Verdict: Stage 4 - Fatal.
Ruben & I had Lunch in the shadow of The Towers, and I recalled the 12 Hour Nights with my Tall Friends.
I had no way of knowing that that was my Last Visit to The Towers, they came down the Next Day. Ruben passed 7 Months Later.
No, I will Never Forget.

God Bless Those Who Serve, and Those Who Mourn. 

Never Forget-Never Forgive
God Rest those lost  that day and since, God bless their families

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/fontaine-station-s-artifacts-draw-community-in-remembrance/article_22c59b64-975b-11e7-ab6d-ab80ea27e3fd.html

The most recent 9-11 Sunset Ceremony outside 10 & 10 on 9-11-17 .....started Thanks to Liam Flaherty & the FDNY Emerald Pipes & Drums which when started on the 9-11 Anniversary many years ago was the Band honoring a group of Military in "The Circle Of Honor" plus FDNY Members who were in the know that it was taking place & no politicians or speeches...it has since drawn a much, much, bigger turnout ....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=d3xWD_2Gho8