AMR ambulances deployed to NYC

Saw a video on Facebook this PM of the FEMA ambulances setting out for home . . . after 30 days in the Big Apple.

Caught a crew from Kentucky on the West Shore today heading south on it while I was coming home from work. Not sure if they were working on SI or if they were heading back towards home. Gave them a thumbs up.

Nassau County still has some FEMA ambulances operating. They?re not sure how long they?ll be here, the date has been pushed back a few times.

Still some crews operating for FDNY. Spoke with a few folks from Minnesota/North Dakota who were enjoying their second day off in about a month. Talked about our stories; theirs from being in the field and mine from what life inside the hospital was like. Felt like I made a bunch of new friends in just a 20 minute chat. Think they were in Brooklyn and Queens.

BCR

AMR New Haven still has some crews in the city as well as some dispatchers

So, after the initial 15+15 day contract expired, a second 30 day contract with AMR was signed. But, tonight all FEMA units will be leaving the city and going home. It has been a hard time for them with many never experiencing 911 EMS with most only ever having done transport servicing in largely more rural/ suburban settings. The conditions were tough, as I explained before and some had to be sent home as this just wasn't for them. On the other hand, due to the Covid quarantine and following furloughs and lay off some of these EMTs and medics were the only ones in their households making money with their non-deployed coworkers having been furloughed. Also we must remember the loss of Paramedic Paul Cary, a retired Aurora (CO) Fire Rescue Firefighter/ Medic who passed away due to Covid from the deployment. Their hard work will not be forgotten and they will be getting a royal send off when they leave.

Lebby, THANK YOU for keeping us advised during this historic COVID-19 Days and the operations of the FDNY/EMS.

And THANK YOU to all those who played a part in this very tragic time of sickness and death.

May Paramedic/Retired Firefighter Paul Cary Rest In Peace, as well as those of the FDNY/EMS, FDNY and NYPD who we have lost as result of the COVID-19 Outbreak. My condolences to ALL those Family Members and Friends who have lost their loved ones.