ANOTHER 9-11 MEMBER PASSES.

A friend shared this on FB, titled 343 and Counting. Here's the link... my deepest sympathy for the families of those who have passed and for those that are stricken by illness.

343 and Counting

Home:Monroe, NY

Date of Death:April 26, 2012

Place of Birth:Suffern, NY

Birthdate:April 15, 1963

Mass:Tuesday, May 01, 2012 10:00 AM Sacred Heart Church, Monroe, NY

Visitation:Monday, April 30, 2012 2-4 & 7-9 p.m. at Smith, Seaman & Quackenbush, Inc. Funeral Homes, Monroe, NY

Interment:Seamanville Cemetery, Monroe, NY

Biography

Richard G. McCoy of Monroe died suddenly on Thursday, April 26. He was 49 years old. He was born April 15, 1963 in Suffern. He was the son of William and Ann "Nancy" Flynn McCoy.

Richard was a retired New York City Firefighter with Ladder 49, "House on the Hill" in the Bronx and former New York State Trooper with Troop F. Rich was a 9/11 first responder who spent many days at the site, retiring shortly afterward.

He was a beloved husband and devoted father of three, who spent all his time with his children who he loved more than anything in the world. On any given day, he could be found coaching on the baseball or softball field, the soccer field, basketball court or cheering on his daughter at a track and field event. He coached baseball and softball for Monroe-Woodbury Little League, soccer and basketball. Rich was an avid outdoorsman who loved to hike, fish and hunt with friends and family. He will be remembered as the guy who put everyone ahead of himself. He will be missed by family and friends more than he ever could have imagined, but never forgotten.

He is survived by his loving wife, Dawn McCoy (Owens), his daughters, Christy Ann and Tara, and son Patrick at home. He is also survived by his parents, William and Ann "Nancy" McCoy of Stony Point, his brother William McCoy and wife Lisa of St. Charles, IL, his sisters, Eileen Wood and husband Keith of New Windsor and Kathleen Shroba and her husband, Robert, of Stony Point, nieces and nephews. Rich is also survived by his mother and father-in-law, Dick and Maryann Owens of Monroe.

He was predeceased by his brother Michael McCoy.

Friends may call from 2-4 & 7-9 pm on Monday, April 30th at Smith, Seaman & Quackenbush, Inc. Funeral Home, 117 Maple Avenue, Monroe. A funeral mass will be celebrated at 10:00 AM on Tuesday, May 1st at Sacred Heart Church, 26 Still Road, Monroe. Interment will follow in Seamanville Cemetery, Monroe.

Donations would be appreciated to anysoldier.com. Any Soldier, Inc. P. O. Box 715, Waldorf, MD 20604.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.......49 Years old ......way too soon.

PRAYERS FOR OUR BROTHER IN BLUE ANOTHER 9-11 RELATED DEATH........It is with deepest sadness that the CEA informs you of the death of retired Captain Dennis Morales.  Dennis recently retired from the Emergency Service Unit and celebrated his 50th birthday on June 26th.  He is survived by his wife Linda Morales and teenage son D.J. Morales.

Viewing will be held:

Sunday, July 29, 2012 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm;

Monday, July 30, 2012 from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm & 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

Daniel J. Schaefer Funeral Home

4123 4th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11232

(718) 435-3381

Funeral Mass will be held at:

St. Michael?s Roman Catholic Church

352 42nd Street (at 4th Avenue)

Brooklyn, NY  11232

Internment will immediately follow the funeral mass at Greenwood Cemetery

RIP FF Larry Sullivan of Rescue Company 5 who passed away yesterday. Yet another casualty from 9/11.

Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and all in the FDNY at this time

Ar dheis D? go raibh a anam

This is a very sad thread. The posting of those who have passed away after 9/11. As the earlier video say; "343 and counting". The count has reached a high enough number. All those suffering from the effects of 9/11, I hope there is help for you in the future. I know of one member who I recently met. Spent many years on the job, but had to retire. He certainly wasn't ready to do that. Now, after all these years, he is still paying a very high price with breathing issues every day of the year. It doesn't leave him on a holiday in fact it is with him every minute of his life. He certainly is a very strong individual to be able to deal with that.

Active FF Larry Sullivan of RES*5 on 8-20-12 another gone too soon......REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....NEVER FORGET !.......................Arrangements are:
Wake- Wednesday 8/22 and Thursday 8/23
2-4 pm and 7-9 pm at
Colonial Funeral Home
2819 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island

Funeral- Friday 8/24 11am
St. Margaret Mary
560 Lincoln Ave
Staten Island

Condolences to FF Sullivan's family and Brother Firefighters. Rest in peace Brother ....

My Condolunces to the family and friends of FDNY Member Larry Sullivan. And my Condolunces to the Members of the FDNY on their loss. I am very sorry for your loss.

Sadly, that number "343" continues to increase.

May he Rest in Peace, and Thank you for your services to the people of the City of New York.

FF LARRY SULLIVAN TRIBUTE......                                                                                                                                                                FDNY Firefighter Larry Sullivan Tribute

Chief JK, Thank you for remembering and posting the names and stories of those American Heros that we continue to loose as the result of "Americas Worst Day". I'm afraid that most people have forgotten. And you keep their memory alive. They were all good people, with families and friends, and just doing their job. But so many have forgotten, even though that terrible price is still being paid.

If it's okay, I would like to post the names and some of the stories on other web sites that I frequently visit. Sadly the True story is, many are still suffering from that Terrible Day. I would like to pass this story on, so that many more can remember and won't forget.

Bill certainly  please re-post the material....Thanks for keeping the memories alive....NEVER FORGET !

My condolunces to the family and friends of NYPD Det John Kristoffersen. May he Rest in Peace.

We can Never Forget that Terrible Day.

REST IN PEACE TO ANOTHER BROTHER IN BLUE ....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

From REMA- Retired Emergency Man's Association

To all members,
It is with great sadness that I report the passing of REMA member Tony Mangiaracina (Ret. ESS 1, ESU, ESS 6) on Monday, September 10, 2012. He finally succumbed to the terrible cancer that he had fought so courageously for many months. He died at home as he wished surrounded by his loving family. The courageous battle was a testament to his courage and spirit. Tony would never give up. The dreaded form of cancer was attributed to the toxins he was exposed to when Tony volunteered at Ground Zero after the cowardly attack at the World Trade Center immediately after September 11, 2001. He was sixty-six and joined the NYPD in September 1974. He was a member of the US Marine Corps, NYPD Honor Legion, Fraternal Order of Police and was a key player in organizing the FOP?s yearly participation at the Police Memorial Ceremonies in Washington, DC in May. Known affectionately as ?Tony A to Z?, he could always be counted on to be a true team player and always maintained his great sense of humor in any situation. Not only was he well respected within ESU, but he was well know and respected in all levels of the Department.
Tony leaves behind his loving wife, Rita, his children, Jimmy, Christie & husband, Richie, and Lisa & husband, Daniel, as well as four grandchildren. Many of us have visited him in his last weeks and every one remarked how animated and responsive he became when he was once again with "his other family". Tony truly loved his years in the NYPD and I know he felt his proudest achievement was being an E-Man. He will be truly missed by family and friends alike.
Please keep Tony and his entire family in your prayers. May he enjoy eternal happiness with the Lord and join those heroes who went before him.
Wake
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 & Thursday, September 13, 2012
Visiting Hours: 1400 - 1600 hrs & 1900 - 2100 hrs
Harmon Funeral Home, Inc.
571 Forest Avenue
Staten Island, New York 10310
(718) 442-5056
Maps & Directions

Funeral Mass
Friday, September 14, 2012 at 1000 hrs
St. Christopher RC Church
130 Midland Avenue
Staten Island, New York 10306
(718) 351-2452
REST IN PEACE TONY.....I remember when you were partnered up w/ Paul R. ..........SEMPER FI BROTHER.

RET FF Michael Behette LAD*172 has passed to a Higher Level after succumbing to cancer in his early 50s....... another WTC BROTHER gone way too soon.......REST IN PEACE........... Arrangements are as follows:
Aievoli Funeral Home 1275 65th Street Brooklyn, NY 11219 (718)- 331-2100
Wednesday September 19th and Thursday September 20th, 2012. The visiting hours are 2-4 and 7-9 for both days.

The funeral mass will be on Friday September 21st at Church of Virgin Mary at 11 am. The address for the church is 2nd street and 8th Avenue.

Requesting off duty members to attend in Class A uniform as a sign of respect for the family.

http://southeast.patch.com/articles/patterson-resident-to-be-remembered

Patterson Resident to be Remembered

Services are slated for this afternoon and Saturday morning.

By Patch Staff
Email the author
November 16, 2012

Beecher Funeral Home provided this obituary:

Thomas R. Van Doran, 61, of Patterson, passed away on Tuesday after a long battle with esophageal cancer.

Thomas was born on May 19, 1951 in the Bronx to the late Eugene and Margaret (Leahy) Van Doran. He graduated from Cardinal Hayes High School in 1969 and became a New York City firefighter in 1979. After a long courtship, Thomas married Elizabeth Gavaghen on Aug. 5, 1989 at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Brooklyn.

Thomas retired from the New York City Fire Department as a battalion chief, after working (and studying) for 29 years, in August 2008. He loved golfing and playing the saxophone for his family. He also enjoyed being a pilot and flying his plane over Putnam Lake. Fortunately, he was a bad golfer and a great pilot?not the other way around.

He is survived by his loving wife Elizabeth, his son Thomas, and his daughter Samantha of Patterson; as well as his brother, Gene (Kathleen) of the Bronx; his sisters: Dorothy Van Doran (predeceased by Jerry Rubin) of Poughkeepsie; Ellen Weinberg (Howard) of Archbald, PA and Nora Staller (Robert) of the Bronx. He is also survived by many, many nieces and nephews.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Sacred Heart Church in Patterson (414 Haviland Drive). Interment will follow at St. Lawrence O?Toole Cemetery in Brewster. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Beecher Funeral Home (located on Putnam Avenue in Brewster, 845-279-3615).

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in memory of Thomas to:

The New York Firefighters Burn Center Foundation (www.nyffburncenter.com)

21 Asch Loop

Bronx NY, 10475

ANOTHER BROTHER GONE WAY TOO SOON........REST IN PEACE.

Walter "Wally" Torres (who retired in 2004 from Engine 328 after 26 years of service.) Passed last week from cancer, a memorial service is being held this
Friday 12-28-12

Time: 4-PM

Leahy & McDonald Funeral Home

111-02 Atlantic Ave
Richmond Hill Queens

I had met Wally a few times in the past while working a few tours in the Big House....i never knew until reading a post today on another site that Wally was not only a Vietnam Vet but also had been a POW for awhile........REST IN PEACE BROTHER...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.