ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

RET LT JAMES "JIMMY" LOPEZ R*5....
On 4-18-24 at 80 yrs of age....RET 1995 after 27 yrs OTJ.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER .....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY ( US ARMY AIRBORNE) & FDNY.....

PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES......

Jimmy was a proby classmate of mine ....upon Graduation he was assigned to ENG*230 in an adjoining FH to mine & we ran in together often.....when the TCUs were formed Jimmy opted to go to one of the BX TCU's .....after the TCU's were disbanded he went to LAD*48......next he went to R*2 where we once again worked together having many long conversations on both the Military & the FDNY... he was later Promoted to LT & was a Charter LT in R*5 where once again we caught up with each other during brief periods that I Covered there.....his Son also James is a FF in R*2 & his Brother Bob is a RET FDNY FF.........Photo ....Obit & Arrangements .....

www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/staten-island-ny/james-lopez-11778113
IMG_8376.jpeg

RET LT JAMES "JIMMY" LOPEZ R*5....
On 4-18-24 at 80 yrs of age....RET 1995 after 27 yrs OTJ.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER .....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY ( US ARMY AIRBORNE) & FDNY.....

PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES......

Jimmy was a proby classmate of mine ....upon Graduation he was assigned to ENG*230 in an adjoining FH to mine & we ran in together often.....when the TCUs were formed Jimmy opted to go to one of the BX TCU's .....after the TCU's were disbanded he went to LAD*48......next he went to R*2 where we once again worked together having many long conversations on both the Military & the FDNY... he was later Promoted to LT & was a Charter LT in R*5 where once again we caught up with each other during brief periods that I Covered there.....his Son also James is a FF in R*2 & his Brother Bob is a RET FDNY FF.........Photo ....Obit & Arrangements .....

www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/staten-island-ny/james-lopez-11778113
Some photos from Lt Lopez funeral