ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

We regret to announce the passing of retired FDNY Lieutenant Mike Tarpey
formerly of Ladder Company 38.
Rest in peace Brother.
Father of Tim Tarpey (E68). .....& Bill (L37)......Funeral will be held Tuesday at Saint Francis Church...........REST IN PEACE BROTHER ....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

His other son is in L 37. Father was a Lt in L 38 he would wear his coat over his arm. A great fire officer and a great man.

"The Greatest Generation of Firefighters", as I refer to them, are being called from this earth. And with them goes the some of the Best Firefighters the World has known. Thirty or Forty years ago, these War Years Firefighters were riding the step of Engines and Ladders. For many they fought fires without the use of air packs or portable radios. No air conditioned rigs to cool them from those hot city streets. There was nobody to give them relief at a fire. They often went from one fire to another without a break.

On a part time basis, I saw what these guys did. I can appreciate the conditions that these War Years Firefighters faced. I will always consider each and every one a part of a very Special Group.

2 FD WAKES ..SAME FUNERAL HOME....Received this e mail from a Ret BROTHER..... QUOTE... Walked into Schuyler Hill Funeral Home to attend the wake for Lt Mike Tarpey and in the adjoining room Jack Featherstone was being waked. Jack passed away from cancer early Sunday morning and his wake is:
Schuyler Hill Funeral Home, 3535 E Tremont Ave, Bronx, NY 10465

Mon Oct 28, 2-5 & 7-9 Tues Oct 29 2-5 & 7-9

Funeral St Francis De Chantel, Wednesday Oct 30  11AM

E Tremont & Harding Ave in Throgs Neck

Mike Tarpey Funeral Oct 29, Tuesday 11am  St Frances De Chantel

Sad times and rest in peace to two very fine Firefighters,Vietnam Veterans and Men! ......UNQUOTE.

RET FDNY FF TERRY CLEARY LAD*109

Wake..Friday..11/1..Colonial Funeral Home
Tysens Lane and Hylan Blvd Staten Island
2-4...7-9

Funeral Mass..Saturday..11/2 ..915 am
St. Charles Church
Hylan Blvd near Funeral home

REST IN PEACE BROTHER......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Ret FDNY FF Ed Madden ENG*41

Wake will be held at Schuyler Hill Funeral home
on Tremont Ave in the Bronx on
Tues nov 5
from 2-5 and 7-9

Funeral will take place at St Benedicts Church
on Otis Ave on Wed nov 5 at 930

.....................................................REST IN PEACE BROTHER......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET FDNY FF ADOLFO OTANO ENG*202......    I AM TOLD THIS IS BEING CONSIDERED A 9-11 RELATED LODD.... ALSO Recd this e mail w/further details..........QUOTE...
Date: November 10, 2013 at 1:53:51 AM EST

Subj: Adolfo Otano RET ENG*202 Wake and Funeral Information

Wake is Tuesday 11/12, 2-4pm and 7-9pm at John Healy Funeral Home.

(2005 West 6th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11223)

Funeral is Wednesday 11/13, 10:30am Mass at St. James Cathedral

(250 Cathedral Place, intersects with Jay St, Brooklyn, NY)

Cemetery is Linden Hill United Methodist

(323 Woodward Avenue, Ridgewood, NY 11385)

Several members have already volunteered to serve on the Honor Guard, and Pall Bearers may be needed as well. You will be contacted with further information as you are needed. Thank you for your cooperation and thoughtfulness. If you have not yet responded, but wish to include your name, please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you UNQUOTE...Please note that the Cem is on Woodward Ave not Woodland as posted previously.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER ...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET FDNY LT GEORGE REILLY.....  E MAIL RECD FROM THE UFOA.....QUOTE.... It is with regret the UFOA announces the passing of Retired Lt. George Reilly E-81, long time firefighter in L-40, and U.S. Army Veteran.

George was an outstanding and battle proven firefighter and officer, a wonderful mentor, and a kind gentleman whose inner strength was an inspiration to all who knew him.

George is now reunited with his son, FF. Kevin L-40, who perished while working in E-207 as a result of the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center on 09/11/2001.

George was among the cadre of retired fire officers and firefighters who toiled tirelessly searching for victims, including their own sons, at the World Trade Center site in an attempt to bring some comfort to the families of the lost until the very last day of the recovery effort. He was at Ground Zero each and every day that the Department operated there.

The UFOA extends our deepest condolences to the Reilly family. We know that the entire FDNY family will keep them in our prayers.

Arrangements:

Wake:

Monday 11/18 7pm-9pm

Tuesday 11/19 2pm-4pm 7pm-9pm

Higgins Funeral Home

321 S Main St,

New City, NY 10956

Funeral:

Wednesday 11/20 10am

St. Anthony?s Church

36 West Nyack Road

Nanuet NY 10954 UNQUOTE.
.....................................REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY...Continued RIP to Son Kevin...... Anyone who was there often certainly remembers George in his battered ENG*81 LTs Helmet working tirelessly until the last day.

R I P George

He was a fixture at many of the events E81/L46 ran over the years,all Christmas parties, Super Bowl party and most recently the centennial , god bless his wife and family during this tough time.

mikeindabronx said:
Rest In Peace

I was talking with George at 81/46 Centennial about a month ago.

http://fdnysbravest.com/fp324.htm

Thanks Mike for posting that picture. Your pictures tell the stories of what these FDNY War Year Vets did during their careers. Everyone of the names here were a part of it. They fought the fires of New York City during the busiest years in the history of the department.

And Thank You to Chief JK for posting the names in this thread, so that we can all remember them. And so that we can Honor them for what they did.

May They Rest in Peace.

Saw on the D.O. that retired FF Mike Mondello passed away in October. Mike came on the job (FDNY) March 1970. I was a Lt. in 50 engine when he was assigned to 50 around May of that year. If I remember right they established the second section of 50 around the same time. Mike was transferred into the second section. Mike was one of the guys who would be described as "he had 20 years in the job when he walked into the firehouse as a proby". Chesty, but he knew his job and never faulted.  Was a great firefighter, as they all were. He transferred many years later into L41, retired in 84, I would guess from LOD injuries. He saw a lot of fire duty during those years. May he Rest in Peace.

I RECD THIS E MAIL PLEASE PASS IT AROUND ........  Mike Mondello.. Ret NYCFF

I meet Juliana on Sunday when I was at the Mondello home.  Mike's daughter Lorraine ask us to get Juliana story out there.  Juliana is the neighbor of the Mondello family. Pease forward this to everyone you know.

Luis Fragoso DART

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: DARTGLUE1@aol.com
Sent: 11/18/2013 8:03:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: O+ Kidney Donors Needed for Juliana Bolnick Osofsky

Hello Luis,

Thank you very much for getting my story out there.

I am in need of an O+ kidney. I am currently on dialysis since June of this year for 3 days a week at 3 hours a session in Westchester. When I do get a kidney the surgery will be at Cornell Medical Center in Manhattan. My family and I have a website www.buddyforlily.com that tells my story and contact information. We also have a facebook page, buddyforlily. If anyone is interested in getting tested with me they can contact the transplant donor coordinator at Cornell. Her name is Marian Charlton RN and her number is 1-212-746-1742 or the main phone line at the Cornell Transplant Center is 1-212-746-3099. When contacting her please state that they are calling in reference to Juliana Osofsky.

Thank you for all the work that you do. And I also with you the best health and happiness.

All the best,

Juliana

Below is my story that my father wrote on my behalf.

Juliana has been fighting and brilliantly overcoming obstacles her whole life.  She was less than 12 hours old when she slayed the first of the many surgical dragons which tried to impede her inspiring and life affirming well-being. Despite the obstacles, the dragons, and the surgeries, she exuded positivity, warmth and love to everyone she met. When most were enjoying the frivolity of their teenage years and the transformation to adulthood, Jules was again forced to take on a dragon not of her own making. Her kidneys were failing and only a kidney transplant would save her. Her positive cheerful and life-affirming disposition brought forth several angels wanting to help. A dear loving family friend (who happens to share the same birthday as her; October 23) miraculously was a perfect match and Jules at 16 was given a new life, with a transplanted kidney she lovingly named Lily.

With her restored strength, will and fortitude she continue to thrive, earning many academic and social awards throughout high school (Clarkstown North), college (Binghamton University) and graduate school (Pacific College of Oriental Medicine) where just last year she graduated valedictorian. She found and fell in love with her soul mate Dean. Dean and Jules had a storybook wedding on the cliffs over looking the Hudson River on June 6, 2009. About to embark on her career integrating Traditional Chinese Medicine with all she had learned from her years enmeshed in the western world of Doctors, surgeries and medicine suddenly and with little warning Lily failed.

Juliana needs a new kidney. We are once again reaching out to everyone we know to help. Organ donation is perhaps the most charitable thing one can do. We are not always given opportunities to be heroic and generous. We are again searching for an angel. If you can help please contact us through the web site by phone

(845)638-6872

or email (www.buddyforlily.com).

Juliana Bolnick Osofsky
  In need of a O+ Kidney Transplant

facebook page: buddyforlily

email: www.buddyforlily@gmail.com