BC Steve Elliott ACFD - Retiring

mack

Administrator
Our long-time site member, Battalion Chief Steve Elliott, Albemarle County Fire Department VA, is working his last days before he retires at the end of this month. Steve is a highly respected chief and has recently been the department Training Chief. He has many years of firefighting and fire service leadership including dedicated service as a firefighter and sergeant in the Fredericksburg Fire Department, as a rescue flight paramedic (UVA Pegasus trauma response), as a BC in ACFD and as a volunteer in his hometown fire department. His son, "Baby BC", is also serving as a firefighter in his family's tradition. Steve has been a firefighter's firefighter. Best of luck in your retirement, Steve.

BC Elliott aka "fltpara16" on our site

Last edited:
Our long-time site member, Battalion Chief Steve Elliott, Albemarle County Fire Department VA, is working his last days before he retires at the end of this month. Steve is a highly respected chief and has recently been the department Training Chief. He has many years of firefighting and fire service leadership including dedicated service as a firefighter and sergeant in the Fredericksburg Fire Department, as a rescue flight paramedic (UVA Pegasus trauma response), as a BC in ACFD and as a volunteer in his hometown fire department. His son, "Baby BC", is also serving as a firefighter in his family's tradition. Steve has been a firefighter's firefighter. Best of luck in your retirement, Steve.

BC Elliott aka "fltpara16" on our site
Congrats!!

GREAT NEWS TO HEAR Steve.

Many years dedicated to helping people and saving lives.

Sometimes retiring from the job could be a "bitter/sweet thing".
It's like winning the lottery and loosing your best friend all at the same time.
I'm sure there are many here who would agree.

But as many of us must deal with "Big Bobby - The Blizzard of 2022", with heavy snow, winds - maybe 50 or 60 mph, temperatures dropping, "being a retired firefighter isn't really so bad after all".

I wish you all the best for many very happy and enjoyable years to come.

Congratulations, Chief ! Enjoy Retirement,
Thanks Steve, for Your Service & All Your Help Here. :cool:

Thank you for all your well wishes. Our wireless went down at home, so that is why it took me so long to reply. Had a nice retirement lunch with most of my family present. Now trying to figure out what to do with my time. All I can say is 38 years flew by, but it was a heck of a ride. I have to make a stop by the hospital next week for some more surgery so they can complete what they could not do in August. Then recovery, and retirement will begin in earnest!

mack

Administrator
38 years is just getting started. There is more to come! You did a geat job. I saw you provide reassuring leadership at fires, accidents, shootings - always making sure the job was done right and everyone was safe. Thanks for being a firefighter's chief. Thanks for being our friend. Have a great retirement.

Last edited: