Bill Deblasio Mayor Elect

I adstained from voting tonight, not really enamored or thrilled with the options. But I would like to see how people feel/react to this??

I'll take a "Wait and see" approach. Hes still acres better then blumturd though. Then again so is the bottle of Pepsi sitting next to me.

Not just the Mayor's seat alone but w/other electee's also........I hope i am wrong but i think crime will rise ....freebies & giveaways will increase but not to Civil Service Workers...more working/taxpayers will leave the City..bloomberg may be looked back upon as being missed if one could believe that. 

mack

Administrator
He has not served in the private sector or civil service or the military or government in any management position capacity.  He has now been elected to lead the largest city in America as mayor.                 

Mack, Since when is management experience A requirement to hold political executive office? Seems to be a few other Hi profile people in such positions.
As Ed Koch said, " The people have spoken and now they will be punished".

I'm curious to see how he handles our beloved FDNY. I seem to remember seeing/hearing him say he won't close firehouses...lets see if he holds to that. I'd also love to see how he handles the contract negotiations...and if he'll keep Sal as commish. Part of me thinks Sal kinda got forced into a cruddy situation with blumturd and his hands were tied, if kept, i'd like to see how he handles De Blasio.

Don't worry too much the worst mayor is up here in Toronto.

Good point, but don't forget that New York City can out-do anybody on anything!

We are missing out... Imagine how much fun it would be If Carlos Danger had been elected mayor.

That does beckon a discussion on what the future of the FDNY will look like under the Deblasio regime.  Status quo with NYPD "turf" infringement?  Hazmat, pin jobs, water jobs, etc. Mayors come and mayors go.  Those issues appear to never change.

C'VILLE 7111 said:
That does beckon a discussion on what the future of the FDNY will look like under the Deblasio regime. Status quo with NYPD "turf" infringement?  Hazmat, pin jobs, water jobs, etc. Mayors come and mayors go.  Those issues appear to never change.

Unfortunately, you are 100% correct.